icon

Subs in Truck Bed Cut Through

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bassreka 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2006 at 4:31 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 1989 Toyota Pickup Reg. Cab & i was wanting to Cut through the bed & cab & install 2 x 12" subwoofers in the bed. I have a minimal budget, but i want something that will Hit Hard & Deep with ease. Any ideas on what kind of Amp & Subwoofers i should get?
ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2006 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  
what kind of budget?
bassreka 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2006 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
Well i dont have a set budget & im able to construct my own enclosures; so i would only need to buy the subwoofers & amp. $300-$400 is about my range. I would even settle for 1 x 12" sub (as long as it hit hard).
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2006 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
Do a serch on pass-thru enclosures. It can be done but it's more than just cutting a hole. Done correctly you get get some incredible results. Your budget will be a limiting factor.
One option might be to do a center console. See if MTX Thunderform might have something that will fit. JL makes StealthBoxes but not sure if they have one that will work.
Good Luck!
austincustoms 
Copper - Posts: 232
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2006 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  
another route would be a bandpass with the ports coming through.  The holes would be smaller, and you wouldn't need a bed cover if you sealed and bedlinered the box.  If you went with a flexible port from parts express, you wouldn't have to worry about any cab/bed flexing.
killer44 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2006 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
do any of you guys have pics of your installs using a cut through sub box, or know of any sites showing steps people used to do there cut through or simply any pics of other peoples trucks using cut through box's....thanx
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2006 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  

Keep in mind that most pass-through enclosures turn out to be a multi chamber single reflex bandpass enclosure (see the link below). So it will only be super loud at one frequency and not sound good at all. It is super impractical for a daily driver. Plus, $400 for a budget wont get you anywhere for what you want to do.

https://www.the12volt.com/images2/bpass3cham.gif

killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2006 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  

yes i am talking about the same "big hole cut in the cab of the truck" Ususally the hole that is cut is just a rectangle or square cut in the metal. That hole ends up being a port for the box in the truck bed. like it or not, its a port.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic