Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
heavensoldier 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2006 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
12V_REP wrote:
heavensoldier wrote:

<SPAN class=post>Well I got the avic S1 today. One problem the windshield mount is stiff and can't bend so when the avic s1 is mounted I can't even see the avic s1 good enough, anyone else have this problem? But so far it has been reliable, except one time it told me to turn left when it should have been to turn right.

Also I was driving and the map just went sort of blank and my arrow was in the middle of no where, but I managed to get it working ( I think I reset it or contintued driving) but why does it just knock me off the map into the middle of no where? I still see the path where I'm supposed to drive on the edge of the screen and I have to drive to it but whats the problem? Anyways it's a good device. I'll just have to use it more.
</SPAN>

<SPAN class=post>Also 12volt how did you install it in your car? I need it to be mount better.

Also is there a update out yet? Thanks and God Bless.</SPAN>

The mount does bend, it is just very rigid. Also, the kicking you off the map may be a result of new construction. I have noticed that with the in-dash product before. Most mapping is an average of 6 months behind...an average, so it could be longer than that in some cases. Let me know what you think of it after using it for a couple of weeks.

Yeah we got it to bend. Yeah it's new construction, someone else with a navigation system has the same problem. I like it so far, some times it tells me to turn left when it should be right, or it tells me to turn left when the street sign says don't turn left. Or sometimes it tells me to u-turn when I need to, in the wrong section. But with a few updates this product will be nice. I like it a lot. It's my sisters, I may buy it for myself later. I really like it, navigation accuracy is very accurate and right on. Maybe the avic in dash navigation products should use navteq? Because I hear people complaining of teleatlas maps, but the avic s1 is fine. I also like the speed of the s1. I'm in tallahassee which isn't that big, how you tried this product in a big city and how does it work? Is it still working good for you 12 rep? I like it. God Bless  

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic