full hatch enclosure?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
supersix4 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2006 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
boostedrst wrote:

i havent had the spare in over 2 years . doesnt really matter to me . i have a lowered eclipse , i cant even get a jack under the car without driving it up on 2x4's.

ooooooooohh ... you just put the whammy on yourself, man! Shouldn't have told all of us that!!!!! Never put that kind of stuff in writing!! LOL!!

You need to imagine how you want this to look when it's done. Get the fleece & play around with it. Notice how it drapes over things. The framing underneath is there to support the fleece and make it drape the way you need it to. You will need a good Air Stapler - or an Electric one might do. Build the framing to accomodate any equipment you plan to mount in this FG panel (like an Amp Box?). Start by stapling the Fleece down into the Sub openings in the boxes. Stretch it out to the frame you've built. Then, as mentioned above, remove the weather seal. Pull the Fleece tight & put it between the lip that the weather seal goes on and the weather seal itself. Use the weather seal to keep the fleece taught.

Also - as mentioned above - the Subs need to be in their own box(es), under the FG Panel you're gonna build. Build 'em & TEST 'EM OUT before starting the FG work.

There's gotta be photo's out there someplace on how to do this, no? Anybody? Bueller ... Bueller?

boostedrst 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2006 at 1:57 AM / IP Logged  
photos of the process would be great .
supersix4 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2006 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  

ok, boosted ... I looked around real quick on this forum and I found this thread:

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=79973&PN=1

This may give you a pretty good idea of what the framing should do. Notice how he rabbitted & radiused all the edges - makes everything look SMOOTH and it will make completing the job far less time consuming!

Good Luck!

bomex_eclipse 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2006 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  

The best place to go on the internet (in my opinion) is www.alpine.com and look at the build pictures of there show cars, this will show you step by step photos of how to do a fiberglass enclosure. Note how they build the framing on the sound systems. Just remember your framing is one of the most important steps of the enire process to save you time, and money.

If you are woried about getting a flat tire you can buy another rim and tire, And build it in your sound system. Just have the subs and amps go around the wheel. Or you could take out the back seat and put your wheel there.

I hope that this helps you with your build. Please post pics of the build so we can see how it is going. And if you have any other questions don't be afraid to ask after all that's how you learn new things.

If You Can Imagine It Glass It!
Melted Fabric 
Silver - Posts: 509
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2006 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
bomex_eclipse wrote:
The best place to go on the internet (in my opinion) is www.alpine.com and look at the build pictures of there show cars, this will show you step by step photos of how to do a fiberglass enclosure. Note how they build the framing on the sound systems. Just remember your framing is one of the most important steps of the enire process to save you time, and money.
If you are woried about getting a flat tire you can buy another rim and tire, And build it in your sound system. Just have the subs and amps go around the wheel. Or you could take out the back seat and put your wheel there.
I hope that this helps you with your build. Please post pics of the build so we can see how it is going. And if you have any other questions don't be afraid to ask after all that's how you learn new things.
Right you are, I have never seen so many intall photos like I did on that Civic Si. It was nuts.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
When you do not know what you are doing and what you are doing is the best -- that is inspiration.
tackbradley 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2006 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
where do i go on that site to find the photos you guys are talking about?
~Jason
(516) Drum Co.
Melted Fabric 
Silver - Posts: 509
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2006 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  
http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/fun/P-Lot/Corp-Vehicles/06-Sinster6/
Click on Install Photos
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
When you do not know what you are doing and what you are doing is the best -- that is inspiration.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic