icon

Transducer Engineer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jazzcustom131 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2006 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone know a person that is a transducer engineer? Also, anyone know where I can find books on amplifier conctrustioin and just circuit board conctruction in general. I browsed the book section, but not too hard, if it's there, point me to it would ya.
Greed is for amateurs.
Disorder,chaos,anarchy now THAT is fun!!
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2006 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
I can help with the transducer engineer. I know two - one full-fledged, and one intern, at Harman International, in Northridge. Who should I tell them is calling? Transducer Engineer -- posted image.
As far as the books? Ummm... One of my favorites is called Nuts and Volts. I've been a (printed version) subscriber for years, and now I get the electronic version every month. Good magazine with many sources for parts and projects. Check it out...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 02, 2006 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
I know a few speaker engineers as well.
jazzcustom131 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2006 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
lol, tell them a very very curious person is calling. I'm interested in achieving that level of electrical knowledge. To be blunt, I wanna be able to design anything car stereo from head units to crossovers (which I can already do) to amplifiers. Alot of folks go WHOA when I include amps, cause apparently its a delicate art, but i'm all about a challenge. I'm curious as to how to go about obtaining all this knowledge.
Greed is for amateurs.
Disorder,chaos,anarchy now THAT is fun!!
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2006 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  
All he's going to be able to tell (confidentiality and all...) you is pretty much what everybody here will tell you.
Study, study, and ummm... oh, yeah. Study. You'll certainly burn a few fingers, and draw a little blood, too. dwarren, DYohn, Forbidden, stevdart, kartuneman, kfr01, (others, too) and myself have never stopped studying, and we never will. This is what it is all about... applying yourself, and the desire.
That's all it really boils down to. It's about 50-75K a year to go to school for stuff like that, or if you live in the LA area, apply for an internship at Harman, and they'll send you to school for whichever you want. I can possibly get you in touch with those guys, but honestly, I don't know how much they will really be able to reveal. PM me your contact info, and I'll see what I can do, though.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic