icon

remote starter 05 sentra ser

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
whitetsi 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2006 at 1:52 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 2005 Nissan Sentra SER specV and i am trying to install a remote starter unit (DEI Valet 561r). The problem that i am having is that i keep on blowing one of the two main 30amp fuses. I have installed this same remote starter on other vehicles like toyota and mitsubishi's and have never had a problem. the only difference is that i see is that nissan uses two starter wires. so what i first did was run two power wires from the battery to the power the unit and also put in a relay to power the second starter wire. No luck so i then used that purple wire off the remote starter unit as a remote wire to activate two seperate relays which are being used to power the two starter wires, but still no good. I have already swaped brains thinking it was that and rechecked all my connections and they are all fine. Also the car does start quite a few times when i replace the fuses but out of nowhere the fuse pops. Even during the winter on cold start ups it started fine sometimes and then other times it would pop the fuse. I am really stumped and would appreciate any help or ideas. Thanks in advance.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 12, 2006 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  

Can't you use the main starter wire, then use the "purple" to trigger JUST the second starter.?

When you blow the one fuse...is it the same fuse all the time? is it the input that powers the starter output. I am NOT a DEI fan...so I don't have knowledge of the

harneses, colors, and their function etc. If your over loading the SAME circuit.....that helps find the problem.

whitetsi 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2006 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

Can't you use the main starter wire, then use the "purple" to trigger JUST the second starter.?

When you blow the one fuse...is it the same fuse all the time? is it the input that powers the starter output. I am NOT a DEI fan...so I don't have knowledge of the

harneses, colors, and their function etc. If your over loading the SAME circuit.....that helps find the problem.

DEI uses a red wire and a red with white stripe wire as the two main power wires (with 30 amp fuses)to power the brain. The purple wire is the starter output wire. Yes its the same fuse. I had a prestige r/s on this car and the same thing used to happen. That was my first time using the prestige unit so I decided to use a unit that I have used before successfully and the same thing is happening.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 13, 2006 at 1:51 AM / IP Logged  
Is the purple ...an aux out? (starter)
smurf 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2006 at 4:13 AM / IP Logged  
READ.. Look he gave you the answer himself. If it happened with the previous alarm, then it's not the alarm unit (brain) itself. You must have A) a short; or B) a relay wired wrong. Also did you check the draw of the vehicle with a MM?
ride fast, play it loud!
KarTuneMan 
Posted: August 13, 2006 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  
I guess my wording was incorrect....I know that the DEI stuff has negative outputs on that wild little relay pack, that you can us to trigger additional relays for (sec. starter, ign, etc.) Thats what I was refering to by "the purple wire" remote starter 05 sentra ser -- posted image. oops...
whitetsi 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2006 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  
smurf wrote:
READ.. Look he gave you the answer himself. If it happened with the previous alarm, then it's not the alarm unit (brain) itself. You must have A) a short; or B) a relay wired wrong. Also did you check the draw of the vehicle with a MM?
no i never got around to testing it with a meter. whenever i replace the fuse it works just fine. it just blows a fuse without warning. When i wired the relay just for the second starter wire it worked fine so i put the car back together. the fuse went the next day. then when i wired the two relays it worked just fine until the fuse went about two days later. but before i made any connections i checked and made sure they were the correct wires. The only thing i could think of is that i am not using a good enough ground. Does that make any sense at all??
KarTuneMan 
Posted: August 15, 2006 at 1:26 AM / IP Logged  
OK...lets talk about the ground.......where is it grounded...?
whitetsi 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2006 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
its grounded to a bolt thats right under the steering wheel. the bolt is used for some kind of a brace that is from one side of the steering wheel to the other. its a horrible description, but its the best i can describe it. also the relays are being grounded to the same point.
KarTuneMan 
Posted: August 15, 2006 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  
Take your ground to the kick panal. And the "main" ground for the r/s let it stand alone, don't ground anything else with it. You can also get feedback from the 2 starter wires... Theres a trick with 2 relays....one for each starter wire. "Open" each starter wire with a relay triggered by ground while running. Each relay wired like so.Cut the starter wires,  87a gets the starter side of the start wire 30 gets the key side. 86 gets 12v fused, and 85 gets the ground while running. Now, from the remote start harness, make sure your start wires are on the starter side of the vehicles cut in half starter wire. (the relays you just wired pin 87a)
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic