icon

What subs and amp?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shooter_275 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2006 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
hello im new here first post. Well I got a S-10 and last night me and my friends where driving around and hes got a Sunfire and hes got 2 10's not sure what kind of subs or amp didnt ask, and they where hitting pretty good for 10's. And I was wondering what would you guys suggest for a S-10 i got a extended cab so i got sum room behind my 2 seats. I was thinking maybe 2 10's or 1 12 any ideas? and I dont know to much about amps and stuff so i would need to know what kinda amp i should get also
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2006 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  
What do you want this for?
Good quality sound for yourself,
or cruising around at ear-harming volume levels?
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
shooter_275 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2006 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
umm well i want it enuf to show off to friends but still want good quality
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2006 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
i had a JL 10w0 in my s10 standard cab with 100RMS, and it was GREAT for what i wanted. but maybe you might want 2 larger more potent subs, I had it in the center of my two seats, because it fit easy (standard cab). beacuse you have extended you can definatly boom if you want to. the question is, do you want your car to become a 2 seater? or remain functional. lol, Kinda funny but true, bass takes space. and what kind of budget do you have for this project.
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2006 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
Ok. In other words, you're going to abuse it every once in awhile. This, unfortunately, means you'll probably have to spend some money on the subs. Good excursion capability and high power handling.
The next two questions are these:
1) how much volume do you have to work with and are willing to give up in back?
2) what's your budget?
In the meantime, read all you can of the sticky notes and bcae1.com
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic