icon

amp/sub combo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nothingface9 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2006 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
Hmm each side is .7 cubic feet.  Will that be a huge problem?
Flakman 
Copper - Posts: 365
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2006 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  
You definitely want to match the sub and enclosure. You need to make sure how much airspace your sub needs. The T110s need about .85 cubic feet. You really don't want to skimp on the specs. I know that Alpine Type R subs are good in .65 cubic feet. I don't know if anything else can go that small. You want to make sure these match...otherwise you can have your subs sounding like doodie regardless of what you use.
The Flakman
I feel strange. I have deja vu and amnesia at the same time.
John | Manteca, CA
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2006 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  
Image Dynamics IDQ drivers work in these small box sizes too. That's why I own one. What's more? Good SQ.
I've been very pleased. Highly recommended.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
vinspo 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2006 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
Diamond Audio TDX Subwoofers work very well in small sealed enclosures too, a much better value than RF. Their D6 line of amplifiers are of high quality and the monoblocks run pretty cool temps. Just another brand to consider.
nothingface9 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2006 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  

So, i looked around and found a pair of subs that fit my box in air space needed and mountin depth.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_subs.php?series_id=6

Now, i just need help in picking an amp that will drive these things.  Im not sure how to decide how much power i need to supply 2 of these things with at 4 ohms or 1 ohm.

The amp needs to be within 13x18 inches in dimensions to fit its spot.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2006 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
83.something efficient? Are you sure you want those subs?
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic