Smartwindows, Window Roll up feature

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
airic1054 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2006 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
I've got a Clifford Arrow 5 with SmartWindows4 module. Does anyone know how to enable the window roll up feature when the system arms? I can roll the windows down via remote fine, but I cannot figure out how to make them roll up. The system is installed on a '92 Integra if that makes a difference.
Thanks,
Eric
olds19vert 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2006 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  

When I installed mine on my Mustang I used the Orange Grounded when Armed wire to the Modules. That made them roll up when Armed.

Not sure if mine are the same Modules as yours.

Raymond4646 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2006 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  

On my mustang I have a Intellaguard 8000 with SmartWindows4 and if  "I" arm the security system then the windows will go up.  If I let the system passively arm then the window will not go up.  You need to check to see if the ground when armed wire is hooked up.

airic1054 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2006 at 2:15 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the quick replys! You mean the orange wire on the main alarm unit, right? Which wire did you tie it into on the window control module? None of the instruction/installation manuals I've come across clearly addresses this. Also, will I have to set something up within the Clifford Wizard to have the windows roll up? Thanks again.
scirocco16v 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2006 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
No ground when armed wire needed on smart windows 4, all communication through the dataport.  Never seen this before.  Does the one touch feature work when you tap on the cars window switches with the ignition on.  they should go all the way up.  I would suggest reprogramming the windows through the programming grid or wizard.  the windows will roll up whenever you remotely arm the system with or without chirps.  This cannot be turned off through the wizard.
airic1054 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 1:10 AM / IP Logged  
No, the windows don't roll all the way up when I tap the switch. I ran the smartwindows wires to the drivers side switch panel. I've tried programming the windows several times.
I start with the windows down, per the manual, run the programming module, and tap up on the first window switch. The program runs, cycles the windows up and down several times and ends by venting both about 2 inches. Is there something else I need to check off in Cliffnet Wizard Pro?
Thanks!
scirocco16v 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  
I have seen everything on clifford systems and yet I am at a loss, it is doing everything it should.  I am leaning towards a bad unit.  I am since out of the business since G5 but there was nothing in the g4 line that needed to be changed in the wizard to make windows roll up on arming.  The bottom line if you don't get one touch up to work that is also part of the problem.  Are the windows really slow or have alot of resistance when going up.  Also instead of using wizard to program do it through the programming grid.  I believe I had to do that before.  Sorry and good luck
airic1054 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2006 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
The one touch up and down functions work, I still haven't tried reprogramming through the programming grid. Is there something I have to set up for the remote? i.e. hit my "window function" key after arming like after disarming to vent? The windows don't roll down slow, nor do they have resistance. I'll try reprogramming via the grid once I find my user manual. Any other suggestions? I "think" everything is set up as it should be...
Thanks again.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic