icon

Loudest Woofer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cloak559 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
TC Sounds has made the claim that thier new TC-5200 will be the "Loudest Production High Excursion Driver in the World, Period".... I, for one, believe em...TC Sounds has an undisputable reputation for some of the best quality woofers for both SQ and SPL...Im anxious to see this new monster in action. Im pre-ordering an 18" next week Loudest Woofer -- posted image. ....
http://www.tcsounds.com/tc5200.htm
'89 Mercedes-Benz 300E
Pioneer DEH-5900UB
(2)RE Audio SX 10"s
(1)US Amps MD3D
3ft^3 @ 37Hz
Blowing up in a car accident doesnt worry me, as long as I'm putting out some major dB's when I die...
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
Sony can claim to have the loudest in the world too.  It all depends on how you measure, and how you implement the woofer.  There is no such thing as the loudest woofer in the world, only the loudest installations.
Support the12volt.com
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
Holy CRAP 94dB! Finally! But look at the Qts!! Tiny box much? saWHEET! I'll take two!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
coppellstereo 
Silver - Posts: 785
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  
looks a lot like a few woofers in Eclipse's lineup to me
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
cloak559 wrote:
TC Sounds has an undisputable reputation for some of the best quality woofers for both SQ and SPL...[/URL]
That really depends on who you talk to. I know people who would dispute that statement. Loudest Woofer -- posted image.
As for the sub, it looks to be highly over-motored and will most likely have a very peaky response.
dstang24 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2006 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  

Again I will avocate for the Pioneer Premier SPL line...

The little brother of the TS-W8102SPL  was used in producing a world record in SPL... 180.5dB.  We'll see how next weekend goes in GA. 

Team Edge Audio
cloak559 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2006 at 2:32 AM / IP Logged  
coppellstereo wrote:
looks a lot like a few woofers in Eclipse's lineup to me
Someone once told me TC Sounds makes Eclipse woofers. But I'm not sure on that...
DYohn wrote:
Sony can claim to have the loudest in the world too.  It all depends on how you measure, and how you implement the woofer.  There is no such thing as the loudest woofer in the world, only the loudest installations.
Very true DYohn, Its all about the installation. I'm cusrious to see what numbers I can push after I slap two of the 18"s in my Tahoe. Loudest Woofer -- posted image.
'89 Mercedes-Benz 300E
Pioneer DEH-5900UB
(2)RE Audio SX 10"s
(1)US Amps MD3D
3ft^3 @ 37Hz
Blowing up in a car accident doesnt worry me, as long as I'm putting out some major dB's when I die...
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 08, 2006 at 3:48 AM / IP Logged  
cloak559 wrote:
[QUOTE=coppellstereo] looks a lot like a few woofers in Eclipse's lineup to me
Someone once told me TC Sounds makes Eclipse woofers. But I'm not sure on that...
It used to be true. From what I understand, Eclipse dropped them. In the end, TC Sounds wasn't making any of their subs in-house anyway.
luckydevil 
Silver - Posts: 365
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2006 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  
cloak559 wrote:
TC Sounds has made the claim that thier new TC-5200 will be the "Loudest Production High Excursion Driver in the World, Period".... I, for one, believe em...
They lied. This was posted on here before...
Tsuzureko
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2006 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  
The Tsuzureko is not a true high-excursion driver... Let's start by comparing apples to apples. At only 14mm Xmax, the TC-5200 will SMASH it, with 60mm linear, and move at least 100% more air, linearly... I've got 7 inch woofers that'll move 14mm...
The TC-5200 18" has 4 times the linear output of a regular 18, so, according to their math, a single TC-5200 will move twice the air of one 25 inch Tsuzureko.
As far as raw efficiency numbers, there are MANY people that can blast that 96dB into the weeds. Check into Blue Monsters, by P-Audio. If memory serves me correctly, they had an 18 with a 102dB efficiency, with 300 wat power handling capacity, but the Xmax was only 3 or 4 mm... Musical instrument/PA purpose built, it isn't even in the same class, but then neither is the Tsuzureko/TC-5200 comparison.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic