icon

791xv in 05 Tacoma

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
je3169 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2006 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  

Hi all just got a 791 and am installing it in my truck I have a 556u from DEI that i used on my old RS and was wondering if anybody new what wire from the 791 will show a ground or 12+ when RS mode if i am looking at this right the blue/white showes 200mA (-) when cranking and in RS mode is this correct ?

Thanks John

wrxsti161 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2006 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
blue/white sounds like the wire you need. That wire is a (-) and is also known as the negative status output wire.
David
MECP Basic Installer Certification
je3169 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2006 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  

and one more thing I have a (-) locking system if i am reading this right i will use GREEN to lock and BLUE to unlock is this correct.

Thanks John

wrxsti161 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2006 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
thats is correct.  if your using the transistorized lock/unlock wires coming out of the 791 green is a (-) lock, and blue is a (-) unlock. If your using a 451M relay pack blue is always unlock, and green is always lock no matter what polarity the locks are. 
David
MECP Basic Installer Certification
je3169 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2006 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the help

John

je3169 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2006 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  

I started installing my viper 791xv this evening and they added a harness it is called (H4) it has 2 wires one is ORANGE / black (H4/2) it is a 200 mA - out for channel 6 (I understand what that is for) the other is brown (H4/1) it has a 200 mA - and is called a horn output not sure what this is for ? I think it is to hook up the horn in addition to the siren. could someone who knows confirm this for me please.

Thanks John

je3169 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2006 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  
Also it looks like they changed somethings in programing like they removed switching the siren output from pulsed to constant.
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2006 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  
The red harness has horn and channel 6.
horn means, it can be programmed to sound with lock and unlock OR to sound only during full trigger (Default).
(Really good because if thief cuts siren wire, you still got the horn sounding. Feature older DEI units never had)
Channel 6 is self explainatory. (aux output like window up/down, shaved door handles, ect.)
About the siren from pulsed to constant, I think you mean horn, not siren. Dont see siren on newer 791 manual.
Pretty sure your installer hooked up the horn wire. And i usually change horn to constant too.
You can test this by setting off the alarm and listen if the horn is going off while the siren is too. (assuming horn is on default)
I say call your installer and ask him what he hooked up and what the features mean.
Cause i usally spend like 10mins explaining to customers what everything does (like how to do valet mode, understand what LED codes mean, how to disarm without transmitter) Little things like that makes a big difference in getting more customers.
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
rekon 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2006 at 2:07 AM / IP Logged  
The horn is optional to hook up of course. If you do decide to hook it up figure out if you need a relay or not.
je3169 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2006 at 4:31 AM / IP Logged  

thanks for the help guys.

John

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic