What is the best Brand type?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
x2jesse1x 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2006 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  

I am building a system for my Impala.

I am currently going with Memphis Car Audio for the speakers. M3 subs, Memphis comp. set, Amps. ETC....I know that they are great quality and sound really good(I buy from a car shop in town). But I recently started working at Circuit City Installing and I can get a great Discound Direct from the factory. I can get things Circuit City cant get for anyone. Kicker Solo X and higher end Eclipse,.MTX, POLK. But anyway.I can get all of this stuff at a super great price.
MY Question, What is a better brand, Memphis,Kicker,MTX,Eclipse,POLK. Basically I wanna be happy with whatever I decide to go with. Some people have told me to stay away from places like CC or BB because the stuff if mass produced and isnt that good, As is buying from a direct dealer (Memphis, JL)

Bmnicolosi 
Copper - Posts: 173
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2006 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
i manage the install shop at a cc and kicker is the same kicker as before cc picked it up--- the same that has been battling with jl for a while.  anyway i think a really good setup would be the kicker rs components {2 sets -- make plates to repalce 6x9's}, the sx amps and the cvx woofers--i dont like the squares too much for sound quality---if you want an spl car then fine but if u want all around go with cvx's, then take the pioneer test at the store online and order the pioneer z1 for dirt cheep {1200 instead of 2200}.  you'll have a bad *** sysytem for a lot cheaper than buying something retail.  take advantage of what u can get---things done right will sound good---jensen has demo vehicles that sound good so just order the right stuff to match each other as far as power ratings and you will be good to go
If you say "I already know how", don't ask me a single question.
x2jesse1x 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2006 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
I want somthing with great quality. Somthing that will give me NO distortion no matter how loud i turn it up. As for base I want it to thump but sound good. if that makes any sence
advanced_audio 
Copper - Posts: 170
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2006 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  
Out of those I like Eclipse better, but evantually turning it up as loud as it can go can cause distortion and damage speakers. The Eclipse they sell at CC is the same as any other shop, the only thing is they dont carry the top of the line items in the store but like you said employees can sometimes get it direct from dealers. When I used to work at CC, they didnt carry Eclipse but they did have swet deals for employees on Infinity. Best of luck at your new job.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2006 at 12:45 AM / IP Logged  

I too would choose Eclipse.....imagine that.....

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
x2jesse1x 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2006 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  

I Dont know much about Eclipse but I know I can get anything that they offer. So ill look into them

dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2006 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged  
If you can get gear at cost, why bother paying retail for something that is comparable.
My competitors claim memphis as a big profit margine so they sell the crap out of it. Go figure.
x2jesse1x 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2006 at 2:15 AM / IP Logged  
True True. But I didnt know what would be comparable to Memphis. I know Memphis is good quality but dont really know anything about stuff that retail chains sell.
jonathancullen 
Silver - Posts: 282
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2006 at 7:26 AM / IP Logged  
i would get eclipse, ive never heard any memphis stuff so i cant compare eclipse to them. ive heard eclipse and they sound really good.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2006 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  
Of the names listed, DEFINITELY go with the Eclipse. FAR better sound quality than any of the stuff you mentioned, with the possible exception of the Memphis... Even then, I'd go with the Eclipse, as I have for years; the reliability has been exceptional, and with the one problem I did have with one amplifier, the local dealer got me an RMA the same day, and Eclipse sent me a NEW amp to replace the one that was still functioning... they didn't have to do that. Customer service goes a LONG way in my book.
Eclipse very carefully screens their smaller brick-and-mortar stores for reputation, and generally speaking, you'll get the cream of the crop when buying Eclipse. While your situation IS different, the fact that you are dealing with a company that cares THAT much about their reputation is also a big plus in my book.
I too, was a bit upset with Eclipse's decision to go with CC as a dealer... I felt the "whoring out" was a bad idea, but I have come to live with the decision... It's just what happens in the world of commerce. I will still buy from my local dealer though, just because that's the right thing to do, IMO...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic