the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Mission accomplished!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2006 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  
tcss wrote:
Hey Dave, I didn't see any smoke to the southeast, so I'm assuming you got yours highs up and running? How does it sound?
Well it rained on Sunday, so I couldn't finish them then... and I was busy all the rest of the week for my trip to Vegas (from which, I just returned...)
Still gotta figure out how to put those Adires in the doors... It ain't gonna be easy!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
cloak559 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2006 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
haemphyst wrote:
I was busy all the rest of the week for my trip to Vegas (from which, I just returned...)
So what'd you do in vegas??? Mission accomplished! - Page 4 -- posted image. Mission accomplished! - Page 4 -- posted image. Mission accomplished! - Page 4 -- posted image. Mission accomplished! - Page 4 -- posted image.
'89 Mercedes-Benz 300E
Pioneer DEH-5900UB
(2)RE Audio SX 10"s
(1)US Amps MD3D
3ft^3 @ 37Hz
Blowing up in a car accident doesnt worry me, as long as I'm putting out some major dB's when I die...
haemphyst 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2006 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
Hey ladies, and gentlemen! The doors are wired, the Adires in their new homes! While not fully EQ'd yet, the present results are promising, and will be PLENTY loud for me. Again, for the power in the system, others may say "Why doesn't it get any louder?" but for me, the guy who is forever on the SQ quest... plenty loud.
Bob, (Dave, Rob, Jeff, et al...) the Adires went in the doors with the spacers I had made. No modification to the structure of the doors, (as was feared) I did however have to completely lose the map pockets (inside the door panel). Pictures will follow, just have to resize them from the 5.1MP down to something a bit more manageable.
Looks like Dave is buying new door panels when he sells this beast, something he desperately wanted to avoid!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
haemphyst 
Posted: October 15, 2006 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  
::::Update::::
Well, the windows hit the magnets... I was on the way to the grocery store this morning, and damned if I didnt want to roll the windows down...
BANG. Right into the magnets. Only about 3/8 of an inch high, so I think I'll have to live with it, but DAMMIT, I thought I had it all figured out.
(Dave scratches his head...) Maybe I can grind a notch out of the window glass...
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 15, 2006 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
When installing a set of Koda components in a Chevy S-10 Blazer we would put a spacer on the window track to get the extra space we needed. It worked like a charm. You may be able to do the same. They are unfortunately a deep speaker. But you can't get any shallower with that kind of excursion.
haemphyst 
Posted: October 15, 2006 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
Already put a spacer in... a 1" thick spacer! That was just to keep the magnet from touching the brace in the door! Can't go any deeper, as I am already VERY close to the inside door panel. What's that about excursion? Mission accomplished! - Page 4 -- posted image. Can you say "hitting the surround"?
Oh, and for those of you interested? I've never heard anything better in the doors of a car than the Extremis 6.8... Get 'em! You won't go wrong, you CAN'T go wrong, if you can fit 'em in! Mission accomplished! - Page 4 -- posted image.
I have them crossed in at 80Hz @ 48dB, right now, and I almost don't even need any subwoofer! Fast and articulate as well! AWESOME drivers!
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2006 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
Dave what about grinding the magnets down? ( Just kidding ) My guy Jeff, who built your pods will be in tomorrow. He and I will do a little brain storming to see if we can come up with an answer to your problem. I'll be in touch.
There is no such thing as free installation!
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2006 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
haemphyst wrote:
Oh, and for those of you interested? I've never heard anything better in the doors of a car than the Extremis 6.8... Get 'em! You won't go wrong, you CAN'T go wrong, if you can fit 'em in! Mission accomplished! - Page 4 -- posted image.
I have them crossed in at 80Hz @ 48dB, right now, and I almost don't even need any subwoofer! Fast and articulate as well! AWESOME drivers!
I second that. I continue to be impressed with my Extremis loaded home speakers (Exodus 2641s and Exodus 61s) on a daily basis.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
haemphyst 
Posted: October 19, 2006 at 1:10 AM / IP Logged  
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2006 at 1:46 AM / IP Logged  
I like the oak leaf in the first image, looks real nature like.
That last image shows some interesting dynamat patterns, sort of a mosaic lookMission accomplished! - Page 4 -- posted image.
I must compliment you on those speaker rings very nice. Good to see your project came along in a timely fashion. I may be looking at some glassing for my subs now.
Nice David!!
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic