icon

2002 Mustang Mach 460 Stereo Wiring Colors

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ray024 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2006 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, newb here, I need a little help with the new install of a new head unit/speakers in my car. I've re-run new speaker wires and gotten rid of all the 460 equipment in the car. I checked the wiring database for the colors of the 12V, e-brake and ground wires. But I'm not sure the wiring info was for a 460 system or not since the description also said the amp was under in the head unit. That sounds to me like that wiring diagram was for the single DIN 460 setup and mine is a double DIN 460 setup. If anyone could help it be appreciated.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 30, 2006 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  
+12V DC Battery(Constant)Violet/lt.blue 27 25 amp Junction box behind dash, left side of steering column
Switched AccessoryBLACK/ pink 32 15 amp Junction box behind dash, left side of steering column
Ground BLACK/ lt.green
Illumination Lt.blue/red
Mute Dk.GREEN/ violet & gray/black
Left Front + ORANGE / lt.green
Left Front - Lt.blue/white
Right Front + WHITE/ lt.green
Right Front - Dk.GREEN/ orange
Left Rear + Gray/lt.blue
Left Rear - Tan / YELLOW
Right Rear + ORANGE / red
Right Rear - BROWN / pink
Subwoofer + Lt.GREEN/ black, low audio BROWN / orange for high audio to front speaker subwoofer amplifier. (Low audio goes to the rear amplifier.)
Subwoofer - Lt.blue/red, low audio RED / black for high audio to front speaker subwoofer amplifier. (Low audio goes to the rear amplifier.)
AMPLIFIER OUTPUTS
Wire FunctionColorNoteFuse #SizeLocation
12V DC BatteryViolet/blue 27 25 amp Junction box (behind dash,left of steering column)
Subwoofer 1 + BLACK/ lt.green To right and left rear subwoofer speakers, or to pins 1 & 2 of rear package tray assembly (in Coupe).
Subwoofer 1 - BLACK/ white To right and left rear subwoofer speakers, or to pins 3 & 4 of rear package tray assembly (in Coupe).
Subwoofer 2 + BLACK/ lt.green To right and left front subwoofer speakers
Subwoofer 2 - BLACK/ white To right and left front subwoofer speakers

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic