icon

Massive audio good or bad?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
swoolenpuppy 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2006 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  

Im thinking about switching amps and saw some massive audio stuff. They have some good looking boards and are fairly decent in price. I also saw a 3000w amp that was like 3 feet long! It look similat to an old hi-fonics amp. Anyone have any ifo on them? How are they comparable to the new mtx amps? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Michael< =text/>

swoolenpuppy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2006 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  

Here are few pics of thier boards. They look pretty stout to me. Whatcha think?

Oh and the pics are from ebay just to show you whats inside. I fully support my local shops that are legit and have warrantys!

https://i15.ebayimg.com/05/i/08/89/bc/d2_12.JPG

https://i19.ebayimg.com/01/i/08/87/b3/63_12.JPG

https://i16.ebayimg.com/06/i/08/88/f3/86_12.JPG< =text/>

aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 05, 2006 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
Ebay links DO NOT WORK HERE!!!
Read the rules lol
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2006 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
I think they're pretty darn MASSIVE. Seriously I've never heard of the brand and either have you. That would be my first red flag.
There is no such thing as free installation!
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 06, 2006 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
Ok is it me or is this guy not right...like nouse said, retailing for years??? Saying Audiopipe is the shiznit??? Saying he found a cure for cancer (why not throw this in too?lol?)
jonathancullen 
Silver - Posts: 282
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2006 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged  
lol, ive never heard of massive. is this the guy with the 149db or whatever with one 12? Massive audio good or bad? -- posted image.
Flakman 
Copper - Posts: 365
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2006 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  

jonathancullen wrote:
lol, ive never heard of massive. is this the guy with the 149db or whatever with one 12? Massive audio good or bad? -- posted image.

LOL...I asked the same thing in another thread! Everytime I see the nick, I feel I need to strap on the waders. It gets thicker everytime I read his posts.

The Flakman
I feel strange. I have deja vu and amnesia at the same time.
John | Manteca, CA
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2006 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
Massive Audio is a relatively new company, founded in 2000 with first products imported in I believe 2001.  They are American owned and designed, and manufactured in various overseas locations like most car audio available today.  A decent second-tier brand with adequate specs.  I have heard their amps and their component speakers.  Nothing to write home about, IMO, but also not crap.
Support the12volt.com
kicker guy 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2006 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
Don't buy um... a friend of mine bought some of those on ebay and yea they are crap
swoolenpuppy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2006 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry for posting the ebay links. I dont know how to post pics on this forum.  Alot of forums are different these days in the aspect to posting pics. I just wanted to get people a pic of what the boards look like. You can check out the pics on the company's site at www.massiveaudio.com

I have a friend that is a authorized dealer and has full warranties for these products. These are new and just wanted to see if anyone has tried them. My friend is going to let me compare the massive 1500 to the mtx 7401 and to see whats better before I make a decision. Thanks for all the input fellas....

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic