icon

which wire for DEI 530T

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gc714 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2006 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  

I am going to install 2 dei 530t in an '05 Dodge Ram that already has a Audiovox APS997, I want it to roll up with arm, & vent and roll down on aux ch. Can any of you experienced installers point out whic wires I will need?

http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProdLinksCmd?type=man&catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&categoryId=APS997&langId=-1&page=&urlString=&productid=&brand

Thanks, Greg

doibuy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2006 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
You will need to connect to the orange negative when armed wire to roll up the windows.  you will have to put in a diode especially if you have a starter kill hooked up.  To roll the window down, hook it up to any of the output channels.  Dark Blue #3, GREEN/ Black #4, Light GREEN/ Blue #5, Light Blue/Red #7
gc714 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2006 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  

Excellent,

I tap the wire prior to the relay for the starter kill right? And do I use the 4000 series diode? Reading the manual it says I will need a relay for using the aux. channels, will I? When I installed these DEI units with my Autopage I didn't need any relays.

Thanks You very Much!!!! Greg

gc714 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2006 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
doing this on Saturday, can I get this verified? please ;)
gc714 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2006 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
hello
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2006 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
gc714 wrote:

Excellent,

I tap the wire prior to the relay for the starter kill right? And do I use the 4000 series diode? Reading the manual it says I will need a relay for using the aux. channels, will I? When I installed these DEI units with my Autopage I didn't need any relays.

Thanks You very Much!!!! Greg

You are correct. Use diodes (1A or less will do fine). Do not need relay when using your aux cahnnel.
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
gc714 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2006 at 7:11 AM / IP Logged  
Great, Thanks!! I'm not too familiar with ratings for diodes. So do you mean 1 amp or less?which wire for DEI 530T -- posted image.
gc714 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2006 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  

anyone that can help with this, I'm doing this at noon tomorrow, the guy is driving 3 hours to get here.

reading the install manual for the aps997 that he has,

Green w/ Black Trace Wire: 300mA Latched Channel 4 Output

The Green w/ Black Trace wire supplies a 300 mA switched output whenever channel four of the receiver

is accessed. Pressing the pre-programmed transmitter button(s) will access channel four and will remain

active, for up to 20 seconds, as long as the transmitter button(s) is held. This is a low current output and

must be connected to a relay to supply power to the device you intend to control. Connect Green w/ Black

Trace wire to terminal #86 of a VF45F11 P&B relay or equivalent. Connect terminal #85 of the relay to a

fused + 12 volt source. Connect the common, normally open, and normally closed contacts of the relay to

perform the selected function of the channel 4 output.

NOTE: This wire also can be used for defrost activation as dictated by the setting of feature # 1 of Bank 3.

Anytime the vehicle is running under control of the Remote Start and Channel 4 is activated, then dependent

on the selection of this feature, GREEN/ Black will be activated as a pulse for 1 second, or for 10

minutes. Note this wire will not operate when the vehicle is running under the power of the ignition key,

only while under the control of the remote start or if not used for defrost then an output will occur as

indicated above.

Is their a way to have a pulsed aux. channel for the window modules?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic