icon

Speaker wire to RCA

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
I Am 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2006 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
Ok now I got another problem I am gettin like no sound outta my sub....well very little if any.....I have a wire to rca switch inplace but yeah why isn't this workin I know it works kuz my cusin has a sony deck and I hooked the rca's up to them and it pounded (just as before)....but when I try to hook them up off my stock 6x9's I get nothing........someone please help.........
Flakman 
Copper - Posts: 365
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2006 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  

I think you are going to have to be MUCH more specific about the equipment you are using and how it is all connected than that.

First: Exactly how are your components wired? What is this "wire to rca switch"?

Second. You are talking about something working before connected to a Sony deck, but now connected to stock 6X9s they don't work. This doesn't make sense.

Explain the signal path for your system. Your HU is connected to your amp how? Your amp is connected to your speakers how? etc.  This information is vital if anyone is going to be able to help you.

The Flakman
I feel strange. I have deja vu and amnesia at the same time.
John | Manteca, CA
I Am 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2006 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  
ok I have a switch......which takes wire in one end and changes it so I can hook up to rca cables to my amp input.....I am using my stock stereo (05 chev cavalier z24)....because I can't afford a new dvd player...yet....so i am running from speakers to the switch and then to my amp then too my sub......
I Am 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2006 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
but when I run from my speaker I get no sound outta my sub...
Flakman 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2006 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  

What kind of a "switch" are you using? This I don't quite understand. Is this a Line Out Converter? If you are running a line out converter from your speaker leads to your amplifier, I would check the gain settings on your amp. Also, is your amplifier turning on at all?

The Flakman
John | Manteca, CA
I Am 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2006 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
yes that is what I am using.....the line out converter from scosche....and yes my amp is turning on....my amp(is a Kicker KX150.2).....now what do the gain setting do.....lol.......noob question I know....but thats what I am lol....my sub I think is working its just not very loud at all....is that just because I am using my stock HU.......
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 09, 2006 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  
Ok if you don't know what the gain is than that is your problem of your sub not being loud...the gain is to match the amps input sensitivity to the head units output...hell this is the best I can word it right now lol
fakepete 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2006 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  
The line out converter might have gains that need to be set as well.
Flakman 
Posted: October 09, 2006 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
Check this search https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/search.asp?KW=setting+gains&SM=3&SI=TC&FM=2&OB=1&Submit=Start+Search . There's some good reading and a better explanation that I can give you in my current state Speaker wire to RCA -- posted image.
The Flakman
John | Manteca, CA
I Am 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2006 at 1:20 AM / IP Logged  
ok man So I read about gains....and.....well I still don't really understand but one thing I did find out is that my amp input is 13.8volts....from what i remember when I hooked it all up the speaker wire off my 6X9's was 6.5.....I never check after the line out convertor...now another thing is my LOC cannot be adjusted it just makes wires into rca.....now this might make me mad kuz when I went to the audio store the guy who owned it told me thats what he gave me...and charged me an arm and a leg for it.....now everyone I look up online is way diff....with controls and *&%&....anyways I might just have to get a new one tomorrow...either that or pick-up a HU...anyways Flak thanks for all the help man...anyone else got anything to add feel free....
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic