Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2006 at 2:31 AM / IP Logged  
Oh no, please...not suspension !!!!!
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2006 at 2:55 AM / IP Logged  

There are lots of good discussions about 8" mid bass drivers on other forums. Here is a link. Hope this helps and happy reading!

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6024

tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2006 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
David ( Hamfist ) seemed to be pretty fired up with the Adires he is using.
There is no such thing as free installation!
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2006 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
Hmmm...I guess if I used an 8'' with a frequency response of 30hz -100hz. I could certainly expect loss of reproduction quality within the mid bass frequencies . Anyone know where I could find such an 8'' ?
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 13, 2006 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  
Can you provide more information on what you are looking for? Many 8's will handle those frequencies you specify without a problem, with different results. Some, like the smaller drivers I linked above will handle it with no loss in midbass reproduction if installed properly.
I really suggest checking out the Extremis link as there is a plethera of technical information on there about the driver. If you have any questions about reading any of the graphs, or on what something means, please feel free to ask on the forum or PM me.
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2006 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
Honestly I really don't know what I'm looking for now. I'm going to be experimenting with something new in my system and it's getting a lot more complicated then I thought it would *laughing*
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2006 at 2:45 AM / IP Logged  

If you are posting to me steven I was being sarcastic because "someone" posted-

"a speaker designed for sub bass will not acurately produce anything in the midbass frequency range."

The topic is about 8's so I was "wondering" where I can find an 8 that ONLY produces sub frequencies and not play accuarate midbass.

It was a joke, but obviously not funny...oh well. Maybe it will be now that I explained?

But I did check out some of the links you left as I have not used 8's in so long I was curious what they can do these days and the companies that offer them. I have had good results with 8's in the past used as subs OR midbass, depends on the enclosure, cross over and of course frequency response.. Thanks. and squirell, if you don't make up your mind you will never get that system bumping. I would try something different and whacky and see what happens.

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2006 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged  

I agree with Steven (surprise surprise) that the Extremis is one of the best woofers I have ever used.  I currently use four of them in my home theater and have heard excellent applications in vehicles.

FYI, the "mid bass" region is generally the two octaves from about 100Hz to about 400Hz.  Almost any woofer I know about, including most subs, will "play" this band, although speakers designed for it will sound better and be more efficient doing so.

Support the12volt.com
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2006 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  
agreed, like an 8 ?
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2006 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  
tcss wrote:
David ( Hamfist ) seemed to be pretty fired up with the Adires he is using.
Indeed, Bob! These things are the most incredible mid-bass drivers I've ever put in my doors... A Morel fan from WAY back, these things kick the Morels in the dirt... 2 notes WELL worth the expenditure.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic