icon

Starer Kill and Anti-Grind

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Jimbob 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2003 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
I recently purchased an Autopage RS750 LCD and I was looking ove rthe manual before I installed it.  I want to use the starter kill feature using the orange (-) out when armed wire as my trigger for my three wire relay, but I also want to be able to install an anti-grind feature.  If I am thinking this over correctly, when I disarm the car to get in the car, the starter kill will turn off and I will be able to grind my starter if I turn the key to crank (I forgot to mention that I had previously remotely started the car as if you couldn't figure that out). So I was thinking that if i used another relay for the anti-grind feature and use the Ign 3 wire to trigger it, this would only satisfy this feature and actually work against the starter kill actually allowing the starter wire to remain connected when armed, but not when remote started.  So could I just hook up both the ywllow and orange wires to trigger the starter kill relay and diode isolate them.  Would that be OK to do? 
Jimbob
Beverly Hills
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 21, 2003 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
Yes; that'll be perfect.  When the unit is armed, the starter is disabled.  When the remote starter is on, the starter is disabled.  When the unit is armed AND the remote starter is on....the starter is still disabled....and the diodes may or may not be necessary, but they sure can't hurt.
gmc4x4 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2003 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  

i dont think you need to do all that I installed the 750lcd and the alarm controls the anti-grind.

I think(i claim to know nothingStarer Kill and Anti-Grind - Last Post -- posted image. ) this because i installed my starter kill before the starter wire from the alarm. I was testing my install, it would not remote start.. if the alarm was armed or DIS armed it would not remote start. After noticing i put the starter wire before starter kill relay, i didnt understand why it wouldnt remote start if the alarm was unarmed. I assumed as you did, when armed the starter kill was enable, when disarmed=diabled. but didnt take into account the anit-grind feature. When the system remote starts, it activates the starter kill, to activate the anti-grind feature..

I used the neg when armed wire for my window roll up module..

weiweiwei 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2003 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
so can anybody confirm this? does the alarm itself come with anti- grind already?? i know the compustar does...i bought the alarm few days ago, just waiting for my appontment next week to have my installer install it...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic