icon

2006 hyundai santa fe disarm wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snotdobbs 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2006 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  

so i found a disarm wire in a 2006 hyundai santa fe today.....

negative pulse to a pink with a black trace in a harness in the lower drivers side kick panel

anyone with any feedback...anyone else find and use this wire?  it tests properly

Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2006 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
Yes... pulse before... will disarm befor unlock or start,   or use a ground when running and a relay, send 12v to the red and blue at the ign switch.. this disarms without unlocking the doors durring runtime...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2006 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
Is this applicable to the 2004 models as well? Or are those alarms still not able to be interfaced with aftermarket alarms?
Steve G
iskidoo 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2006 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  
What about if you want to unlock with aftermarket keyless...can the alarm be disarmed while unlocking if the ownwer accidentally uses the factory remote to lock/arm the system? I don't see how there can be no disarm because when I triggered this 04 Sante Fe, I was able to immediately turn off the alarm by turning the key in the driver door. I have this vehicle overnight and was doing a little testing. I'd like to be able to give the customer the 2 new remotes but not have the alarm trigger if they ever use the factory remote to lock it but the afterkarket remote to unlock it.
thepencil does the keysense actually disarm the alarm or just not trigger it when remote starting? I armed the alarm (factory remote), started with the key and then opened the door and the alarm still goes off.
Steve G
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2006 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
iskidoo,
I don't believe the keysense will work. I think this is the vehicle that has a note on directed that has to be done with factory remote. I don't quite recall the sequence my colleauge and I when through to take apart the vehicle for the disarm, but we had a power probe going through and testing every wire and we did find it.   There is a disarm wire which allows you to disarm the factory alarm. I will look for the notes and hopefully pass it on to you.       
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.2006 hyundai santa fe disarm wire -- posted image.
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2006 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
Yes you can use either wire key sense or pick w/black both will work if you use the key sense you don't need to unlock before and lock after start. If you use factory disarm wire than you must unlock before start. You can use the factory alarm on most hyundai's like the tuscon and santa fe and they are a few others too
Mr_Fusion 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2006 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  
On www.hmaservice.com: (Hyundai's service website)
I have found the pin out for the 3 connectors that lead to the ETACS module (Body control module) and according to it, on connector "C" pins 5/6 are for Driver key switch unlock/lock. For some reason I was unable to bring up the graphic wire diagram but I was able to bring up the connector pin out. Only thing is, this diagram only lists the pin number and no color. If this vehicle can be armed through the key switch, then I am assuming that these wires can be used to arm/disarm. Coincidentally I am installing on a '04 Santa Fe tomorrow morning so I am gonna give this a try and see what happens...if I am successful, I will post the results.
Is the alarm standard or optional on the Santa Fe?? I am not sure yet if it even has the alarm...
iskidoo 
Posted: December 05, 2006 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
thepencil wrote:
There is a disarm wire which allows you to disarm the factory alarm. I will look for the notes and hopefully pass it on to you.
Thanks, I am certain that there must be a disarm because the alarm did turn off as soon as I turned the driver door cylinder. I spent a little time testing wires around the driver kick but didn't come acrossed it. I don't think that it will arm though other than using the factory remote, but I'm not certain. I've got to get me one of those power probes because I hear good things about them. Where did you pick up yours?
Steve G
iskidoo 
Posted: December 05, 2006 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  
[QUOTE=chadwa2003]if you use the key sense you don't need to unlock before and lock after start./QUOTE]
But why when I armed using the factory remote did the alarm trigger when i started the vehicle using the key? Wouldn't turning the key in the ignition and starting it activate the the key sense? When I opened the door the alarm still triggered. I had to take the key out of the ignition and turn it in the door to turn it off.
Steve G
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2006 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  
It works i've done about 30-40 santa fe's the company i work for has several contracts with hyundai dealerships i've used this on all of them and it works. You can just use the arm and disarm wires from the key cylinder they are yellow and brown in the driver kick and program unlock before and lock after start that works as well
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic