icon

Keysense problem on a 2006 Corolla

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shott8283 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2006 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
hey guys.. got a problem.. i searched and really didnt find exactly what i was looking for.  im installing a ultra start tl series RS in an 06 corolla...  ive got everything wifed in but for some reason the keysense is giving me a headache.  the two wires going to the plug for the keysense..  blue/black and WHITE/ black,,if i remember correctly..  the blue/black and the WHITE/ black have continuity when the key is out and when the key is inserted they break continuity and the WHITE/ black grounds...i try and start the car with the RS and is just cranks and cranks til it times out then i get an error flash of the p-lights that no tach signal was found (obvioulsy since the motor didnt fire) but if i stick the key in and try it again it works..  i tried sending voltage to the blue/black but it seams to already have 10-12VDC at all times anyway...  im confused.. do i need to by pass one of the wires and run a relay activated off of one of my ignition out wires off the RS box?  any helpwould be great!!  i read in one post that i can run 2 diodes.. but im not sure where and why..  if anyone has any input i would be greatfull!  thanks!
snotdobbs 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2006 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  

maybe its got a transponder.........there is a good chance with an 06 that it does have it.........did you power up the second starter wire?  

snotdobbs 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2006 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  

oh yeah you dont need to f with the keysense thats bogus..... if you need to disarm the alarm for unlock just double pulse the unlock wire.......the keysense that directed tells you  tag is bogus.....ive had cars come back with check engine codes cuz you tag the keysense wire.............it f's with the transmission lock....you dont need it

if its cranking and not starting then the problem is def with the second start or transponder

cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2006 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  
there is no second starter in the corolla, that's the camry that has that.  Based on what you're saying is going on, I would definately check the bypass module.  It may not be working properly which would cause the situation you're dealing with.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
shott8283 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2006 at 3:49 AM / IP Logged  
thats prolly wat my problem is.. i dont have a bypass modual..  any input on where/what etc etc
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2006 at 6:34 AM / IP Logged  

""i tried sending voltage to the blue/black but it seams to already have 10-12VDC at all times anyway..""

The keysense is a ground, not 12volts. It will show 12volts at rest tho. No second starter either. None the less, you don't need keysense on a Corolla as they have no factory alarm just immobilizer. The flashing light on the dash that says security is for the immobilizer, not alarm. You MUST use a bypass, ALL 06 Corolla's need one....

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2006 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  

shott8283 wrote:
thats prolly wat my problem is.. i dont have a bypass modual..  any input on where/what etc etc

http://www.caraudio-caralarms.com/556U.html

Here's the one I normally use.  There are other  modules availible that will work with the car.

Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 19, 2006 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
Keysense is only necessary on Toyotas with factory alarm systems. The Corolla doesn't have a factory alarm.
The DEI 556U is okay, and other choices include the Audiovox AS-TCBM, or the Trilogix TBK-III. All of these require that you permanently sacrifice one of your spare keys----it gets planted inside the box.
If you don't want to give up any keys, you can see what's available at bypasskit.com, but obviously it costs more to do it that way.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic