icon

FG Dash Replacement

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cruisnhard 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2006 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  
just type www.hzemall.com in the webbrowser.
randiggy78 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2007 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  

Hey now I am in the process of doing the same thing with rearranging my dash. What I did was I took the actual dash/console and i cut it out with a dremel. Then I took fleece and used 3m Super 90 glue to attach it to the piece. After I stretched it across the frame I let it dry thoroughly for about 2 days. (This was because I went out of town) Then I took cardboard to make a frame for my climate controls. I used cardboard because I could flex it to the contours of the climate control.(Wasnt completely flat.) I then glued the cardboard with the spray glue to the fleece and then inserted the contorl into the frame and then glassed it in place from the back so the board would retainits shape. I then glassed the front and laid down a layer of mat. I let it hardenen and then did more glass and more mat. I then cut out the front after it had been glassed so that the pattern that I needed was revealed. This thing is as hard as a rock. It didnt warp at all and you cant even try to bend or twist it as I could with the factory piece before I worked on it. I have test fit it and it goes right into place. That is as far as I have gone on it so far with having to work daily on cars other than my own. I have been taking pictures and will post them when I am done. I am at the sanding before bondo/resin stage. Im not rushing it as I do currently have my headunit to install but everything else is a go.

hell ya
bigste925 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2007 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  
I wrote the last post but was signed in under someone elses name. Dont you just hate that crap. People need to sign out when htey are down on a computer. If any one wants advance pics please hit me up on aim or yahoo messenger and I will oblige the.
3lm3rom3ro 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2007 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
ey did you just put bondo on the dashh or did u fibergalss it first??
wuz craking
3lm3rom3ro 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2007 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
ey did you just put bondo on the dashh or did u fibergalss it first??
wuz craking
bigste925 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2007 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
Dude I guess you missed the part where i said I glassed it. But its cool. I laid down fiberglass or the fleece I then put mat down to give it some strentgh. I had a crack in it so it wasnt strong enough. So i had to start all over again. It cracked pretty bad and I wasnt able to fix it. I am back at the first sanding stage now. I got too excited and put too much pressure on with teh sander and there went my piece. Im wizy about it but what can you do. So go the way of the world.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic