Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jzlitao 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  
Hi everyone,
I am a newbie here.
I want to install a Viper 791xv remote start(ordered from Amazon last night) on my 2004 Camry LE v4 with factory keyless entry. I did a lots of reading in this forum and was kind of confused.
Can anyone tell me whether I need a universial bypass module(555U or 556?) or not. I can start my car with a metal key(with a serial number tag) which was given to me by dealer for backup and there is no security alarm status LED on the front panel either. I can trigger the siren alarm by pressing Panic button on the back of the remote, but can not get alarm by kicking my car. I am not sure whether it has security system(VIP 3200?) or not. Do I need get other module(BYPASS or sth) other than Viper 791xv?
Your helps are really appreciated.
Shaowei
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have any spare keys for the car, perhaps one that is ALL metal, no plastic on the key. If so, you do not need a bypass. I would get it anyways, cause it would SUCK to get all done and find out you gotta have it.
jzlitao 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  

KarTuneMan wrote:
Do you have any spare keys for the car, perhaps one that is ALL metal, no plastic on the key. If so, you do not need a bypass. I would get it anyways, cause it would SUCK to get all done and find out you gotta have it.

Thanks for your reply.

As I said earlier , I have a spare key with ALL metal. So I need not buy any bypass,right?   Do I need prepare some extra cables, relay,etc. or the Viper 761xv package from Amazon.com comes with all the cables I needed?

Thanks in advance.

snotdobbs 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
your gonna need an extra relay for second start.........and another one for trunk pop if you want to add that......
snotdobbs 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  

and no if your all metal key starts the toileta you wont need a bypass.........

jzlitao 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  

snotdobbs wrote:
your gonna need an extra relay for second start.........and another one for trunk pop if you want to add that......

Hi snotdobbs,

Thanks for your information. Could you tell me where to get extra relay for second start and trunk pop? A link to website would be great.

Thanks,

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
any local auto parts or electronics store will have them.... it's a standard 30 amp Bosch (or equivalent) relay and socket
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
jzlitao 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  
kgerry wrote:
any local auto parts or electronics store will have them.... it's a standard 30 amp Bosch (or equivalent) relay and socket
Thanks kgerry,
I called my local Checker Auto Parts and was told they have 30-amp relay for lighting(5.98$ without socket). Do not know whether it is what you are talking about.
Searched on ebay and find this. Can you tell me whether this one works for my purpose? I do not want to go there and get something wrong.
http:///.com/ebaymotors/Bosch-SPDT-Relay-Socket-12V-DC-Automotive-20-30-amp_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6763QQihZ009QQitemZ190045431541QQrdZ1
Another one also mentioned " Use with any Commando Alarm Starter Disable Output
One 3-Wire Harness with Diode for Starter Disable
Universal Fit for Starter Disable Feature ", link as followed. Should I go to get this one?
http:///.com/ebaymotors/Brand-New-Universal-Alarm-Harness-30-Amp-Relay_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33721QQihZ001QQitemZ110048793029QQrdZ1
Thanks again,
green6767 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  
I would suggest not kicking your car to see if you have an alarm or not. That made me laugh when I read that...haha. The factory security in that car wont matter anyway, because it disarms with unlock and lock from the remote starter.
Shaun, we are the same height, that is neat!
12V Installation Technician for Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota and Jeep.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  

The way to tell if a Camry has a factory alarm is to simply look next to the radio for a security light. Having keyless makes no difference, it can come either way. This is the relay you need, comes with a socket...

http:///.com/5-PACK-12V-DC-20-30-Amp-Bosch-SPDT-Relay-Socket-NEW_W0QQitemZ120046306732QQihZ002QQcategoryZ75389QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic