Viper 791xv, 2004 Camry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2006 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  

green6767 wrote:
it does unlock before remote start......then it locks again. so explain to me why thats not correct? I do these cars all the time, never hooked up a keysense wire.

You just don't need to do all that. The Rs doesn't have to unlock any doors to turn the factory alarm off. Just connect keysense to the ground statis wire and it will disarm itself without any connections to the locks...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
green6767 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2006 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  
Well, either way it will work, whether you want to hook up the extra wire for keysense, or program a pulse before on the unlock wire and not have to hook up the extra wire for keysense, it will disarm the vehicle. I just find it easier working with astrostart to just program the pulse before as it takes about a second or two rather than running a wire up to the keysense and solder and tape. whatever floats your boat.
Shaun, we are the same height, that is neat!
12V Installation Technician for Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota and Jeep.
jzlitao 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2006 at 2:05 AM / IP Logged  

Viper package arrived yesterday, so I went through all the documents again and found I need some instructions to the door lock harness. How to connect the GREEN and BLUE cables on Viper door lock harness  to the camry 2004  Power lock and Power Unlock cables(blue / YELLOW and blue).   Both Power Lock and Power Unlock is (-) negative while door lock harness, one calbe is (+) and another is (-). Do I need door lock connections If I want to use Viper remote to lock and unlock door?

Many thanks,

Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2006 at 6:32 AM / IP Logged  
This is very simple. Connect your green lock wire to the cars blue wire for lock. For unlock you want to connect the alarms blue unlock wire AND you want to connect the light blue on plug H2 BOTH to the cars blue / YELLOW. That's it, your done! This will give you two step unlock, so the first press of disarm will unlock the drivers door only and the next press will unlock the others...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
jzlitao 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2006 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  

Mike M2 wrote:
This is very simple. Connect your green lock wire to the cars blue wire for lock. For unlock you want to connect the alarms blue unlock wire AND you want to connect the light blue on plug H2 BOTH to the cars blue / YELLOW. That's it, your done! This will give you two step unlock, so the first press of disarm will unlock the drivers door only and the next press will unlock the others...

Thanks Mike,

Maybe a stupid question. For starter wire in ignition Harness, I know I should cut it and connect  both ends to Purple and green wires on satellite relay, respetively. For the accessory , ignition and 2nd ignition wires in ignition harness, I know I need cut it and connect with accessory ,ignition and 2nd ignition output with one end( not key sides). But my question is what shall I do with those wires' key ends. Just tape it and connect nothing?

And for BLACK/ while neutral safety input, just ground it? Could not find neutral switch cable on camry.

Thanks again.

jzlitao 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2006 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  

Mike M2 wrote:

Checked the wiring informaiton for 2004 camry and found BLUE wire in car is power unlock( double pulse) and BLUE / YELLOW is Power Lock. so should I connect green lock wire to the cars BLUE / YELLOW wire for lock? and ... to BLUE?

Sorry for so many questions.

Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2006 at 6:39 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry, i had the lock wires backwards! You are correct, connect the green to blue / YELLOW, and the blue to blue(but be sure to connect the light blue in harness H2 to these also). As for your question before, don't cut any wire except the starter wire. As for power, accessory, and the 2 igntions, you are just tapping into these wires not cutting them. Also, there is a second starter wire that MUST get connected through a relay. The black white you can just ground....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
jzlitao 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2006 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  

Mike M2 wrote:
Sorry, i had the lock wires backwards! You are correct, connect the green to blue / YELLOW, and the blue to blue(but be sure to connect the light blue in harness H2 to these also). As for your question before, don't cut any wire except the starter wire. As for power, accessory, and the 2 igntions, you are just tapping into these wires not cutting them. Also, there is a second starter wire that MUST get connected through a relay. The black white you can just ground....

Hi Mike,

You are the man.

Many many thanks!

angelars 
Copper - Posts: 176
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2006 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
jzlitao wrote:
And for BLACK/ while neutral safety input, just ground it? Could not find neutral switch cable on camry.
Most cars with automatics have built in park/neutral saftey wiring so you don't need to connect this wire. Not sure why directed even has it as you're not supposed to install a remote start in a manual trans car.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic