the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 Ford Explorer, alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cpugh 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 06 Ford Explorer, when I test the voltage on the power lock (gray yellow)  it reads postivie at rest and almost ground when you push lock.  then on hte power unlock (PURPLE / gray) I get ground at rest and postive when I press the unlock button.  The output from my alarm HT-800 is negative.  Notsure whichdoor lock system I have.  I thought it was positive but it seems to be positive and negative.  How do I set this up.  I have tried to convert the voltage using a relay but it did not work unless I did something wrong.

cp
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  
 LOCK Gray / YELLOW In driver's kickpanel   - 
 UNLOCK Violet/gray In driver's kickpanel   - 

Should be NEG(-) trigger.

cpugh 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  

Kar TuneMan,

I hook them up and all that happens is the doors lock but dont unlock. Do you think that it may just be the alarm?  And the voltager on the unlock is negative, but the lock is postive, does that sound right. 

cp
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  

Sounds like you have the wrong violet/gray. It should show a positive at rest, ground to activate....

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
Mike M2 wrote:

Sounds like you have the wrong violet/gray. It should show a positive at rest, ground to activate....

And make sure you are using the alarm outputs to trigger relays....

cpugh 
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:
Mike M2 wrote:

And make sure you are using the alarm outputs to trigger relays....

I just brought some diodes, but I need relays too?

cp
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
No, you don't need relays. Just run the negative lock outputs directly to the lock wires in the truck with the diode inline. Band faces towards the alarm...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
cpugh 
Posted: October 30, 2006 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  

Okay, that worked for the moment.

The problem that happens now is that since the factory keyless entry turns on the int and ext lights on unlock and on exit it turns them off.  I guess the alarm is seeing the delay in the turn out as a problems and sounds the alarm.  It also is not letting lock or unlock the doors once the lights go off.  Is there a fix to this? Is there anyway to make the aftermarket alarm do the same thing as the factory one, meaning upon ulock the lights come on and lock the go out.

cp
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2006 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
Not familair with your alarm, what are you using for door trigger? Can you program a trigger dealy like you can an Avox or DEI alarm? If not, get indidual door triggers and diode isolate them.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2006 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
Read the locks and security section of your owners manual. You will have to disable trim switch disable/slamlock on this vehicle. All the 06 explorers/mountaineers are equipped with it. That may be why you are experiencing the no unlock problem.
Mike
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic