the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 Ford Explorer, alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cpugh 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2006 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
it is the HT-800.  I did like you  said and put the diode on the locks.  What I found out is if that when the door pin/door trigger is hooked up I have the problem but when it is unhooked I dont.  The problem being able not to lockand unlock the doors.  Do you think that I need to hook up a diode on the door pin?
cp
cpugh 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2006 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  

Okay, I think that I have that issue solved by disabling the pulsed unlock on the truck.  I think.

Now, does anyone know how to make it do the samething as the factory keyless entry.  When I use the factory keyless entry and press unlock, all the light come and go off on the lock. How do I do that with the aftermarket. All it dies is unlock the doors but no lights come on and on lock it will lockthe door but the light go off in about 20 to 30 sec.

Any suggests?

cp
cpugh 
Posted: November 02, 2006 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  

My alarm (ht-800) only has a door trigger wire.  I have hooked the wire up to all four door triggers using a diode inline.  For some reason the alarm does not sense the door being open and with auto lock the doors.  Does anyone know what is causing the alarm not to sense the door trigger.  My alarm brain has a jumper set the door trigger to neg or pos.  Which one is correct for a 2006 Ford Explorer. 

Also is it possible to tap into the factory keyless entry system.  I want to use the same door lock/unlock wire that it uses. I want to do this in order to make the lights go on and off.  This is the other problem that I am having is the lights dont turn off when you start the car.

thanks

cp
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2006 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  

How did you confirm that you infact found the door trigger? I have yellow/gray listed as a positve trigger, verify before hooking up.  Once you confirmed you have the right wire and the jumper on the brain is set accordingly, then are you sure the diodes are going the right way?

audiophd 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2006 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  
unfortunately you can not tap individual door trigger wires as the are ground at rest and open when triggered (not pos.) so you will have to go to the  dome light wire to get all door triggers. i have an 07 sport trac and its the same way. what a pain in the ass it is hearing the  three chirps when you arm the alarm. to get dome supervision i had to run a relay to power up that wire. and had to do the same with flood lights. 
cpugh 
Posted: November 02, 2006 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
i have the same wire and i have the diode with band towards the alarm
cp
cpugh 
Posted: November 02, 2006 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  

audiophd wrote:
unfortunately you can not tap individual door trigger wires as the are ground at rest and open when triggered (not pos.) so you will have to go to the  dome light wire to get all door triggers. i have an 07 sport trac and its the same way. what a pain in the ass it is hearing the  three chirps when you arm the alarm. to get dome supervision i had to run a relay to power up that wire. and had to do the same with flood lights. 

Can you tell me how you did that?  Also did your alarm already have the dome supervision or just a door trigger wire? This ready is driving me nuts, seeing that everything else works.

It's like it is not sensing that wire becuase it will just arm after 25 seconds, even if you have the door open. maybe the relay will help becuase it is like the diode is not doing anything.

cp
cpugh 
Posted: November 02, 2006 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
Is there anyway to disarm  and arm the factory alarm with the aftermarket alarm on this truck?
cp
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2006 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
"Is there anyway to disarm and arm the factory alarm with the aftermarket alarm on this truck?"
06 Explorers don't come with factory alarms. Keyless entry only.
Mike
cpugh 
Posted: November 03, 2006 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks,

Which wire do I tap into to make the light come on and off with locking and unlocking of hte door locks.  The same as they do for the keyless entry.

cp
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic