icon

2006 Tahoe, Viper 791

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
swghpu 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2006 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  
I need help I have a 06 Tahoe with a dealer installed Clifford level one security system (passive transponder imoblilizer).  I need the wiring diagram for the Clifford so I can piggyback my 791 off the wires to save me install time.  Who has done an 06 Tahoe that can help me out?  Where is the BCM under the steering wheel or beside it?  And can I use the dome light for the door trigger?
Slade
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2006 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
Not familiar with the Clifford, but am with the truck. The BCM is under the column, can't miss it after you remove the knee bolster. Yes, i've used domelight for door trigger, a gray/black positive. Buy a DEI 457G and it will not only bypass the Passlock but give you locks, factory alarm control, and door trigger...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
swghpu 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2006 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
I am going to put the Viper 791 xv alarm in my 06 Tahoe.  How do I get the lower dash panel (knee panel) off?  What size sockets will I need to remove the dash and the upper steering wheel shroud (the metal plate covering the steering column it is above the BCM??
Slade
swghpu 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2006 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
Can I find the dome light wire (for door trigger) and the door lock/unlock at the BCM?  If so what plug and color?  Where is the Tachometer wire and what color is it and where is the brake pedal switch?  Can I remove the BCM from its cage to work with the wires, would this be a good ideal?
Slade
lsondubz 
Copper - Posts: 193
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2006 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  

Truck is cake...Tach is up behind cluster, white wire for everything else, use a 457GW or comparible interface...

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2006 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
"Can I find the dome light wire (for door trigger) and the door lock/unlock at the BCM?"
The domelight wire (gray/black) can be found on the left side of the dash in a harness behind that fuse cover.
Mike
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2006 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
swghpu wrote:
Can I find the dome light wire (for door trigger) and the door lock/unlock at the BCM?  If so what plug and color?  Where is the Tachometer wire and what color is it and where is the brake pedal switch?  Can I remove the BCM from its cage to work with the wires, would this be a good ideal?

YOu'll find the dome light for door trigger there, gray black positive in the black plug. You can't get the lock wires in the truck at all. Get a DEI 457G to interface locks, factory alarm and passlock2. Tach is behind the cluster, the only white wire. Brake is white also, look under the dash and you'll see the plug behind and to the left of the BCM. You can remove the BCM, but it's really easy to get to right where it is. You'll need a 7mm to remove the knee bolster and the cluster, and a 10mm to remove the metal plate over the BCM...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
swghpu 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2006 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  

Which plug behind the fuse cover is it there a lot of black plugs?  This is my 1st 06 Tahoe can I find the lock and unlock wires at the BCM?  I am using the GMDL-BP from Trilogix to bypass the doors and passlock.  I just can't find the right wires.  For remote start the ignition harness (facing out black plug with about 3 plugs or so) is that to the Lt of the steering wheel 10ga wires running up the the Lt side of the steering wheel?  Thank so much for your help!! 

Slade
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2006 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
It's the black plug on the BCM, not the fuse box. Again, you can't get the lock wires in the car, that's what the interface does for you. I'm not familiar with the Triogix piece, but the DEI 457G connects to the cars data link wire at the OBD2 connecter under the dash. It takes data from the BCM turns that information into usable inputs and outputs. On it they give you locks, factory alarm info, dome light info and passlock bypass. My guess is yours does all this too, if not you should find one that does. As for the igntion switch wires, all wires run together into the column shroud on the left side. There's a white round clip that holds them in place. Some of the wires from the switch go up under the dash and some go to the back of the fuse box. You will need some from both, 2 reds, a white, a pink, a yellow, a brown.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2006 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
"Which plug behind the fuse cover is it there a lot of black plugs?"
If your accessing it from the left side of the dash behind the fuse cover, you'll find it in a taped up harness going straight up, not in one of the plugs going into the fusebox. The harness you want usually has a little piece of foam on it for insulation.
"This is my 1st 06 Tahoe can I find the lock and unlock wires at the BCM?"
The lock and unlock wires from your remote start connect directly to the lock and unlock wires on the GMDL-BP. You do not connect to any other wires in the vehicle for lock and unlock it goes through the data module.
Mike
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic