icon

who lies and who truths, specs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sri3850341 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2006 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
who has real truthful ratings.got a budget of 350.00(with shipping)need 1000watt monoblock for 2 pioneer w306dvc subs...shopping for amps has gotten rediculous.who has actual ratings and who lies??ma audio ok or how about that small alpine 1000 monoblock.i know jl is truthful but almost 800.00 probably worth it.
               shane
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 06, 2006 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  
Um...truthful ratings are amps that are CEA-2006 compliant
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2006 at 6:59 AM / IP Logged  
TRUTHFULLY? You are not going to find a REAL 1000 watt amplifier for $350.00 Now, for $600 to $800, the JL, and Eclipse DA7122 are a couple I can highly recommend, neither of which you should purchase online... Go to an AUTHORIZED DEALER, and purchase from a brick-n-mortar. You mention the Alpine, but that one is FAR outside your desired 350 price range, how did you even get that one involved in the recipe?
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
ferretvw 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2006 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah I agree with Haemphyst the rule of thumb that I generally try to tell people is that you should pay about 75 cents to a dollar per watt for a true rating
2008 Scion xB
Pioneer AVIC-D3
RF 3Sixty.2 sound processor
Stock speakers (for now ;))
silverado42000 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2006 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  
i would say for truthfull i would go with logic, i only paied $250 a 1820w amp from them, and i do believe that they were true on the wattage because i  took a friends 1500w sub(dont know what kind but since it was a friends it was easy to not care if it was killed or not) and hooked it up, well the sub died so i know the amp is putting out the wattage it saies, i have two of them running my 4 logic 12s which are the true wattage they were told to put out, so in all logic is a very truthfull company, and a very very cheap price since they are a no name product when it comes to audio for cars, but with their price and such great quality product i will always go with them from now on, plus their design to me is awsome.
who lies and who truths, specs? -- posted image.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2006 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
Logic?  Never heard of them.  Got a link to a web site?
Support the12volt.com
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2006 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  

I will recomend concepts I have sold  a few of their high power amps and they are cea complaint I believe, heres the link. Just a warning do not purchase any of them from ebay, a local cheap ass just got stung not once but twice on dead amps. Instead of spending $599 on a new on he's out almost a grand. Just FYI.....imo your aren't going to get anything thats worth a crap for 350 shipped.

Those subs are rated at 400rms each try the 810d from concept it will push them easy.....

sri3850341 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2006 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
http://www.ubid.com/BAZOOKA_Audio_BA1900D_1200_Watt_Class_D_Amplifier/a10822711.html
they claim this is cea compliant.well under 350.00
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2006 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  
sri3850341 wrote:
http://www.ubid.com/BAZOOKA_Audio_BA1900D_1200_Watt_Class_D_Amplifier/a10822711.html
they claim this is cea compliant.well under 350.00
Ummm, that's a 500w @ 4 ohm amp (800w @ 2 ohm). That 1200 watt rating is a peak number, not an RMS number. I think you should do a little more research into the SELLER at this point, rather than worry about the amp itself. If it really is CEA compliant, then it's a 500 watt amplifier...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2006 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  
The Concept amps are a kick butt inexpensive reliable amplifier. I also recommend the CD810 and the CD1210.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic