icon

any Real manual remote starts out there

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
m2736185 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2006 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
Are there any real manual remote starts out there or are there any tricks in making a regular r/s safe for manual? I was about to get the compustar for manual the 1.25Mi one...then i found out in order for it to start you  need to get out of the driver side door while the car is running....then stop the car with the remote..or some bs like that talk about an inconvenience for a concenience. Im looking for atleast 2500 ft  and below $200 any tips or suggestions appreciated
angelars 
Copper - Posts: 176
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2006 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
m2736185 wrote:
Are there any real manual remote starts out there or are there any tricks in making a regular r/s safe for manual?
We were always told that it's illegal to install a remote start in a car with a manual tranny. With this in mind then no reputable company is going to want to be held liable for a lawsuit if (when) someone gets killed because their product was installed in the car.
theronsmith 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2006 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
I would go with the compustar it is the best one I have used. all you have to do is make sure the e break is on and it will take over...after you shut the door it will lock the door and shut down itself....
chevy II
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2006 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
m2736185, if you can design a better system that makes sure a manual transmission car is in neutral, then go ahead. The Exit routine that the Compustar uses, as well as other systems is designed around safety.
Lets see how hard the "inconvenience" of a manual transmission Compustar is...
You get where you are going and apply the parking brake....you do that already.
You get where you are going and leave the car in neutral....you do that already.
You turn the key off, open the door, get out, and close the door.....you do that already.
Only difference, the car is running when you get out of the car. The car shuts off and locks the doors. You don't even have to press any buttons. Later, you press a button on a remote....the car starts.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2006 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  
angelars wrote:
m2736185 wrote:
Are there any real manual remote starts out there or are there any tricks in making a regular r/s safe for manual?
We were always told that it's illegal to install a remote start in a car with a manual tranny. With this in mind then no reputable company is going to want to be held liable for a lawsuit if (when) someone gets killed because their product was installed in the car.
You really have no idea what you are talking about. You must work for a DEI dealer....
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2006 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged  
I have done several ultra starts deigned for manuals and they are perfectly safe if installed properly. I also have done a couple of the compustars designed for manuals again no problems if installed properly...
m2736185 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2006 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged  

JWworm: I was told that you have to apply the brake put it in neutral then YOU MUST get out of the drivers side door  if you open any other door or even the trunk it will not start again...then you have to press a button once you are out of the car to stop it.

Also the remote for the 2WSS-S is kinda big do they have a 1   way remore you can carry around with you?

So what do you guys think between the viper 5900 and the Compustar 2WSS-S

angelars 
Copper - Posts: 176
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2006 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
JWorm wrote:
You really have no idea what you are talking about.
Actually we do. Ask your friendly police officer if you have a law called "unattended vehicle'. It might be a state by state thing. The law reads that the car cannot be started or running without an adult being in the car. It's not aimed at remote starters, it's aimed as a safety issue.
SoundAudio 
Copper - Posts: 242
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2006 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  
I know the local city has an ordiance like that , but the cops aren't dicks about it when it is cold, and with them it was more of a theft issue. People would start their cars with the key and leave them in the drive way, stupid. I like the compustar myself.
Good Luck!
-Thad
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2006 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
I believe jworm was refering to to remote starters for manual transmissions not state laws or local ordinaces. Every county, city or state has some goofy ordinace or law on everything I read in some cities its illegal to chew gum in public???????
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic