icon

Facing Subwoofers in or out in box?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
normalicy 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2006 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
You don't understand. It is accounted for if you are considering the rear of the sub to be on the inside of the box, however, when magnet is mounted on the outside of the box, the subwoofer now takes up negative space (flat piston subs excluded) due to the fact that the cone is now a dome. A dome that has air space. Not alot granted, but something to be considered (especially with a deep inverted dustcap sub). It can be as much as... .05 cu. ft. (on a 12" sub) like I stated. So, you're taking out the space consumed by the sub & you're adding the space of the new dome over the mounting hole & you get about .15 ish cu. ft. extra space.
What is normal anyway???
1lowgalant 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2006 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
yes, inverting a sub will add very little to the internal volume of a box. in most cases, anywhere from 0.06-0.09. not alot, but can make a small difference, usually not audiable though.
Whatever you do, DO NOT let the white smoke leak out of the wires.....
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2006 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
I like facing the subwoofers towards my neighbors. And also I enjoy a 50% stuffing..I use stovetop.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic