icon

Gentex Mirror Wiring Diagram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gdoug 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2003 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  

From what I have learned about Gentex Mirrors the Mirrors that have Temperature display have the following buttons on the front : "Compass" and "Temperature" or (Comp and Temp). Also the compass and temperature displays show together (compass on top and temperature on bottom)

The mirrors that have Compass only have these buttons "Compass" and "Mirror" or (Comp and mirror). The mirror I bought out of a wrecked 99 Suburban  (old body style) has compass only. It takes up the full display.

Hope this helps............

Duke 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2003 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply gdoug, i think you are correct on the comp/mirror buttons thats what had me wondering why the seller said it had temp.

I have seen earlier models that you had to switch the display to show comp or temp thats why i thought he was accurate..

The other thing that has me wondering is it has a 7 prong plug and on the circuit board  in the mirror it has 7 prongs also.

gdoug 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2003 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  

Mine has 7 pins also, I believe some of the other wires are output to side mirrors that dim. The 3 that I have identified on mine are +12V, Ground, and Reverse signal input. This disables the dim function on the mirror when in reverse.

You are correct on the older models that switch from compass to temperature. I did some more searching around also. When mine powers up, all the LED's light up and it does show the celisus and farenheight symbols, but that function is not available in my mirror.

Duke 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2003 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  
For the hell of it, i hooked a temp sensor up to it as per walts post on page one and the temp did not work. I will try to return this and back to shopping i go...
gdoug 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2003 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  

I had much better luck searching the salvage yards. I got mine for only $25. If you are shopping on Ebay, and find one that has temperature, make sure you get the correct temp probe for it. Most of these people are selling the mirror without the temp probe.

Good luck!

genekend 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2003 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
Duke I got one off ebay today and it had the probe for temp, but not the temp button on the mirror. Plugged the probe in but it did not work.. Wonder if we got from same person.
Duke 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2003 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  

The guy i bought it from took it back with no trouble. Evidently he didn't realize they all don't have temp.  The info he got from the dealer was the mirror button worked the temp and the compass for just that on older models, that may be the case with yours?

I got another last night, this time it has the comp and temp button.

I got the temp probe and connector plug from GM; Here are the part numbers if anyone needs them;

Temp Sensor= 15047946

Sensor plug(with 2 wires about 12" long attached)= 12101856

You can get them at   gmpartsdirect website

Duke 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2003 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone have a diagram for a GNTX 202?  It has a seven prong plug and a two prong plug next to it.   Thanks
rtrrobert 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2003 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know where to get wiring information on the Gentex 261 mirror?  I have the connector with 13 wires on it.
reh
lindsey1710 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2003 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone have or know where to get a wiring diagram for the Gentex 104 auto dimming mirror? It came from a chrysler imperial. It has six pins and is equiped with an auto headlights control.
Thanks,
Brett
Page of 8

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic