icon

Gentex Mirror Wiring Diagram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gdoug 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2004 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
yep, no problems. I have had it about 9 months now. Mine came from a 99 Suburban. It has a 7 pin harness on it (+12V, Ground, Trans Reverse input, I believe the other four are for dimming side mirrors. Mine has the auto-dim and compass (no temperature).
Superdawg 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2004 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, this one is just an adjustable distance auto-dimming mirror.  I got it out of an early 90's (maybe) late 80's eldorado.
Superdawg 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2004 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  

Turns out, that it is a motorized one.  There are 3 wires.  Pos/Neg, and that other connector, that says something like T.  Any ideas what that third wire is for?

fkmnlvm 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2004 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged  
just wanted to know if anyone knew a way to change the color of the compass display on a gentex mirror.  99% of the mirrors i find have a blue or green display.  i have a bmw with the orange interior lights and i just wanted to have the display match. 
smokejoe 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2004 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  

Just completed sucessful conversion from 7-pin Gentex 177 with add-on Onstar module & mic to integrated 16-pin Gentex 261 (on 2000 Deville) thanks to previously posted wiring tables and data from local GM service dept.

Everything works perfectly.  I'll share any details needed.

logikal6785 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
what was part # for 16-pin plug ?
np24 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2004 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  

i just picked up a GNTX-125 mirror. i figured out some of the wiring from here, but i still wanna know what the rest is.

the pinout is:

1 - 12v - Blue with white strip
2 - GND - Black
3 - RI - Purple with black strip
4 - +O
5 - -O
6 - DS
7 - BAT

my harness only has 3 wires, and i figured that the "O" connections are for the outside mirrors. i'm guessing that "BAT" is a battery connection. but i don't know what "DS" is for. i think it is door switch, to kill it when you open the door and the dome light comes on. i'm hoping that its for a trigger to the head lights, i'd like to have that.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

medinaw 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2004 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  

Going back to the discussion of the Gentex 156 self dimming rear viewmirror.There are five pins coming from the mirror.  They are marked: IGN, BAT, GND, RI, K1 and 0+.  Does anybody know what RI , and K1 and 0 + stands for.  Those are the markings inside the mirror for the connector pins.  Thanks again for the quick response.

Walter

medinaw
Dave Duff 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2004 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  

I just hooked up a Gentex mirror with auto dim and compass.  When I hooked it up early today just to test, it worked fine, displaying compass directions as normal.  Now that I have completed installing it, it's gone goofy.  It doesn't give compass readings at all-it just reads "C", or what looks like a C to me.  During startup, it's lighting all the diodes, but after that just the "C".  I held the compass button down for a while, on the first try it cycled through "2" all the way through "15".  On all successive tries holding the compass button down, it briefly changed to a "2" display, then back to "C".

I have no idea what this mirror is trying to tell me!  Does anyone out there have a clue, or know where I can find the manual?

Thanks,

Dave Duff

medinaw 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2004 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  

It is asking you for calibrations.  The numbers it displays when you press the buttons are the US zones.  You have to find out what zone you are in and leave it in that number when the number is displayed.  Once you have done that it will work correctly.  If you can tell me where you are, state and city, I would tell you what the proper zone should be.  In one of the previous postings there is a link to mito corporation.  I think they have an installation guide that shows you how to calibrate them with the time zones etc. This forum has been very helpful to me.  I installed self dimming mirros in my 3 cars already.  Cool stuff and awesome web site.

Walter Medina Florida.

medinaw
Page of 8

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic