2005 Mazda 3 remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jasondavis05 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 2:41 AM / IP Logged  

Hello all.

I have some questions about a 2005 Mazda 3 hatch back with autostick. I have read through a few hundred posts but I can't seem to find two things. The first, I have installed a Valet 561t remote starter that works great but I can't seem to find a way to have the factory keyless activate it. I would like a negative signal to activate the system. Next I'm trying to remove the climate control in order to get to the defrost wire, I got the radio out of there but how does the CC come out?? Thanks.

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 6:31 AM / IP Logged  
You won't find a negative pulse to do this, as thepulses to the motors are positive. You could flip them with a relay, but this might be an issue too. The Mazda 3 has VERY short door lock pulses. So short that we have had issues installing keyless upgrade alarms in them. The pulse are so short they won't always activate the alarm.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
jasondavis05 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 7:26 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks Mike, I did notice with testing that they are very short. What do you think about using the positive pulse with a relay and cap set-up to get more time out of it, something like a 1/4 second? Do you know where to find the positive motor wire and its color? Thanks. 
jasondavis05 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  

Mike:

I got it. I am using a 561t so I just went with the positive activation wire (WHITE/ red) and hit the positive lock motor wire (yellow/black) in the drivers kick panel. Thanks for the heads up on no negative in the 3. As for the climate control I got that also, this car is like a snap togther model. I didn't find the wire for the defroster because I couldn't get it all the way out. I think I'll try to find a relay lead for it some where else. Thanks.

jasondavis05 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2006 at 2:17 AM / IP Logged  

I got the defroster working!! In the fuse box under the hood you will find the relay for the defroster. Looking down on it from the drivers’ side of the car the leg in the bottom left needs a ground to turn on the relay. I used the 2nd status output of the 561t and wired a SPDT relay to ground the leg of the factory defrost relay. All done!              Thanks for the help Mike M2.

akaplay 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
a question    I have a mazda 6.. used the input from the locks 3 pulse to start the remote starter, but now my remote stops working.. I have to open the doors with the key..   did you have the same problem?? also I cant shut down the starter once started
Thanks
jasondavis05 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  

akaplay wrote:
a question    I have a mazda 6.. used the input from the locks 3 pulse to start the remote starter, but now my remote stops working.. I have to open the doors with the key..   did you have the same problem?? also I cant shut down the starter once started
Thanks

No I didn't have that problem. The 6 has difrent locks though, you have 5 wire multiplex locks. How did you tap into them? What R/S system are you using? Why 3 pulses? Sounds like you might need a diode on the R/S pulse wire.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic