icon

Anyone run an audio ebay store

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Fastlearner 
Silver - Posts: 346
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2006 at 2:40 AM / IP Logged  
Thinking about starting an ebay car audio store. just curious if anyone is doing this. If it's worth it. I'm not planning on quiting my day job, just looking for some extra cash. Mostly selling acc. I would do it all the was as far as getting a tax id and setting up a business checking account. Any opinions, suggestions, recremendations. Thanks
stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2006 at 7:29 AM / IP Logged  
there a good idea if you can get the products cheep enough, i've got a shop (not online) but i did post stuff on ebay to see about boosting sale and in order for me to compare in price's i had to sell my products baically at cost. but if you can get the products cheep enough and dertimined enough, it can work.
Tri County KustomZ
certified installer
Fastlearner 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2006 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  
Thats what I figured as far as price. Pretty much no mark up. I'm still looking for a place to buy through. Thats why I figured I would start with just accesories. Even if I mark it up a couple of dollars, it would be more about volume.
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2006 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
I've thought about doing this as well as just selling them on the side to people but i can't find much on the subject.
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2006 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  
There are 200 other people selling the same thing for the same cheap price it's hard to make anything.
Big Dave
Fastlearner 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2006 at 1:30 AM / IP Logged  

How do you guys find distributors. I seem to be having a hard time. I know of one in my area but can't seem to find any other one.(chicago area). As I've stated in another post, I'm looking to start an ebay store. I have found a couple of "distributors" on the internet but they don't seem to be legit distributors. They look like just another internet store. I would like to actualy pick the product up from the distributor so if anyone knows of anything like around chicago or north west indiana i would appreciate it.

Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2006 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
A lot of distributors and mfg'rs prohibit online sales.. It kills the small shops... E bay is great for people selling cheap [low end] stuff.. but for the higher end, if you get caught your distributor will drop ya like a bad habit.. I can't tell you how bad online sales have dug into our profits.. But it is here to stay, and I guess you just have to work with it.. I just charge a much higher rate to install stuff people bring in.. zero warrenty and a much higher price..
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
Fastlearner 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2006 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not looking to sell product right now. I just want to start off by selling kits, harnesses, amp accesories, sound dampening. Minor stuff.
sparky593 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 5:13 AM / IP Logged  
fast leaner i already get things cheaper than a shop can sell it to me and i dont have a tax id number? it takes time and work to weed out the losers from the pros. read their feed back, if they dont offer at least a 1yr warranty move on its a refurb or some other peice of crap. most of the shops in my area are smoking crack when it comes to prices. i have about 10-12 diff people i deal with one for rcas one for amps etc. here is one example of some stuff i got this week.  monster cable 201 xln 16ft rcas these are your entry lvl rcas nothing to brag about sugg retail 29-39 bucks a pair i got 4 of these brand nib for a little over 32 bucks and that included shipping. bottom line the audio market has marked up thier products to much for too long and now that we the consumers have other options its putting a hurt on them. i made about 5-600 bucks in side deals this month everything from amps to power cables. and i dont own my own bizz or have a tax id number. word of mouth is how i get my customers i even made some shirts i wear when im out and about.  everything from alpine yes i said it alpine, to jbl, jl audio the whole nine yards. dont know why i keep hearing you cant buy alpine online? and yet its all over the place.heres another example of crack head audio store prices a nice pair of infinity 1252w 12 inch subs sugg retail 120-130 each got a pair for 87 bucks and change that included shipping and a 1yr warranty and they are brand new. why would i buy from a shop?
dam i thought you said the cap was discharged
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 8:42 AM / IP Logged  
Actually you can buy Alpine online from several places. However, Crutchfield is the only authorized online dealer to my knowledge. That means if you buy it elsewhere, you lose the warranty.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic