icon

new intelligent key cars, 07 nissan

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2006 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
has anyone done a remote start in any of the 07 nissans, or the 06/07 caddys that have no ign key? ( just have fob in car and press button on dash while holding brake down)
getting it to work is not my issue, im concerned about safety as if fob is in car anyone can start it anytime, and if its running remotely, thief breaks window, gets in drives away as hitting brake would not shut car off just r/s module
any help appreciated as i have a nissan dealer thats clamoring for some, but im concerned about theft liability
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 17, 2006 at 6:38 AM / IP Logged  
Chris Luongo did an extensive post on the Avalon that has a similar system. You can find what he posted here. In that post he suggests using the door trigger to shut down the starter. Even though the owner would have to re-start the vehicle when they got in, at least the vehicle is warmed up/cooled down.
hydroz_23 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2006 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  
none of the nissans have the push button just the inteligent key knob inside that you turn. only the infinity m35/m45 have the push button.all you have to do is power up the right keysense wire it has two wires one for when the key slot is pushed in without a key in it and one that powers when there is a key in the slot. it is black red at a 6 pin gray plug (+) power that up so that it knows what key to look for. i have read the post on the avalon and nissans are nothing like that you dont have to shut the car down then re-start. the m35 would be similar to that. dont know much about the caddys.
jim hunter 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2006 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged  
your right, i knew that, but i was referring to the fact of having to have the fob in the car for the knob to work, therefore for the starter to work, so how could it be secure ( live near detroit here) i mean a thief knows which cars have this feature and if they see one running they can just break window and drive away or jump in at any time and turn knob and drive away couldnt they or is there some way to secure the car that im unaware of?
johnmax 
Copper - Posts: 131
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2006 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  

I have posted this a few times.

On a nissan/infiniti with the knob you have to turn, make sure you energize the keysense with a timer relay set to 15 seconds for before, during crank, and a few seconds afterwards. That way the keysense will shut off after the car is running and then you can't turn the knob without a valid smart key nearby. 

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 21, 2006 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
Twelvoltz, thanks for the compliment!
jim hunter:
--For Nissans with Intelligent Key, but a regular, key-cylinder type ignition switch, do some searches here for the Infiniti FX, Infiniti G, and Nissan Murano. There is a good amount of information out there.
johnmax's tip about engergizing the keysense for only a short period of time is a good one, and will keep the car from being stolen while it is running.
(john, I had never thought before of what you said, but I tried it recently and it works great.)
Also, if you use the XK05 / PKN3 from bypasskit.com, you don't need keysense at all, and the car remians secure.
---For the 2007 Altima with pushbutton start, the procedure is pretty much the same as for the Infiniti M, although with different wiring colors.
I'll make a post with the wire colors sometime soon, when I have the chance.
However, the immobilizer bypass for the Altima is much more difficult. I found an improper but easy way...... and the guys at bypasskits.com had anther method, but I didn't have the right kind of small wire to try it.
Right now, I'm typing from my car in a dealer's parking lot on a quick break at work. But I have some notes, and I'll make a more detailed post about the Altima soon.
jim hunter 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2006 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  
hey guys how long after car is running does it stop looking for the transponder?i will be using an audiovox system and i have a ground before stART, ground during crank, ground after started and a ground after shut down, each wire as a couple second pulse, could i diode isolate and use the first three on the key sense or does it need to last longer ? really hate pulse timers! LOLamy help is appreciated so many of these new cars are so sensitive makes it scary to try to just screw with and figure it out, cause the least little thing seems to set codes and the such
hell maybe i just lost my edge, i used to relish trying to figure out the odd new cars but now they wiz me off! LOL! also chris, i am impressed with your posts and i must say if tech services had guys like you things would be so much better, too many "company jerks" telling you the company line and/or reading our of a chiltons manual, which as we now aint the same as out in the install field
johnmax 
Copper - Posts: 131
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  

It looks for the transponder before and during crank, and thats it.

Why don't you like pulse timers? The Dei one is a piece of cake. Like wiring a regular relay and turning a dial for the time you need. If you are doing a newer DEI remote start, you can make an extra channel have a timed output, and then link it to remote start, giving you a timed output. Then just cut the pink/white ignition 2 on the relay ribbon harness (there is no ign2 on these knob intelligent key cars), and tie your linked channel output to that cut ribbon wire. Then hook up the heavy pink/white to the keysense (your linked channel output will fire this up as a timed output). Done. No pulse timer relay necessary then. But with your audiovox, youre gonna need the pulse timer.  

raceway 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2006 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO INSTALL ALARM IN IN A 2007 ALTIMA WITH SMART KEY
raceway
dougyork 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2006 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  

Question from a novice at all of this...my wife and I are considering purchasing a 2007 Altima.  What is the anticipated battery life of the battery that makes the Intelligent Key function.  I understand this is not an option on the Altima as it is with a Camry and therefore those of us who are worried that someday, years from now, the battery will die when we are off on vacation in some remote are reluctant to embrace this relatively new system.  This question comes from the experience of having a remote keyless door opener go out on me but of course that wasn't a problem because I used the plain old key to unlock the door of our Mercury.

Thanks for any help.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic