icon

Viper 790xv, 2000 Accord Ex

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 7:09 AM / IP Logged  
I guess you could set it for no pulse and install a flasher on the airhorns....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
WAIT! there is a way.
Set alarm to pulse and use a relay.
Pulsed to Steady
Then have your steady output to the siren
Another relay to power your airhorn
(i havent done the pulsed to steady, because i didnt want to buy a capacitor and deal with that stuff. theoretically it should work, i havent personally done it to say that it will work 100%)
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
Nuffstylez 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2006 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys.  I will try your way captainzab.  Looks like it might work, I really didn't want to deal with capacitors and resistors either, but this looks like the only way. Thanks
Nuffstylez 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2006 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
Hi, got a question.  I read up on relays and the special applications.  Now I need a steady to pulsed output instead of the other way.  Is this possible? thanks
jimmyjacksti 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2006 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
Dei makes a door lock pulse generator that will do it pn#452t
Jimmy Jack
wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 09, 2006 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
Nuffstylez 
Posted: November 10, 2006 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
okay, i got the air horns to pulse using a flasher,(connected between the relay and the horns) works great but air horns sound lower than before, but I guess I just gotta deal with that, unless someone has a solution for that.  Okay, heres another problem, I want to hook my Factory horn to my alarm too, but want it to pulse.  I know that it's a negative trigger wire. (Constant 12V until pressed) I tried hooking a flasher to it but won't work.  Just constant.  How would I go about wiring this up?  I think the flasher didn't work cause its a 12v flasher.  Please help, I know I can look for the positive trigger wire for the horn somewhere in the hood but would rather hook it up to the negative trigger wire which is underneath the dash where all of the thousands of wires are. Thanks.
Nuffstylez 
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  

I have a 2000 Accord Ex with a factory alarm.  I also have a 790xv installed with the window rollups too.  Now the thing is when I arm the viper alarm and the factory alarm, it works perfect.  But when I remote start the vehicle the factory alarm goes off.  I know there is a way to fix that but I can't figure it out.  Can someone walk me through the process. Thanks

Nuffstylez 
Posted: November 19, 2006 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
Is it possible to arm the factory alarm with my viper 790xv?  Instead of arming the car with the viper remote first then using the factory remote to arm the factory alarm, Can I use the viper to arm both? I wanna use both but it would be nice to have just one remote on my keychain if it's possible. The car is a 2000 accord EX V6.  Thanks
CruisinS&S 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2006 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  
on the ex models the factory alarm arms automatically when you lock the car. Just use the viper to lock doors and the factory alarm will arm.
Cruisin Security And Sounds
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic