the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004 Dodge Ram remote start advice

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 21, 2006 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  

but this is the main reason DEI will only sell thier systems to MECP certified shops and not to the general public..well at least in theory, I admit I see thier stuff gray marketed as well but I have to give them credit for trying.

Here in lies the problem. DEI has done nothing to keep every Tom, Dick, and Harry from getting their hands on the product. Take a look at 80% of the posts on this web site. If it weren't for the "grey market" DEI would not be able to swallow up every company it has in the past. Astroflex, and Polk are their latest capitalistic buyouts. If DEI really cared about keeping their product out of the hands of the "non-cetified proffesional" they would shut down som of these internet wacko's 

Again.....my opinion.

master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2006 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah I have to agree with that Kar TuneMan. But the product has worked well for me so far.

However, if I get the chance I would be more then willing to try other products I see mentioned here that I have no experience with. Personally I feel regardless of DEI's marketing, whoring, and capatalist buyouts that 99% of my customers will buy what I recommend to them as long as it meets their needs.

But honestly do you really think any other company would not do the same thing (if they don't already) as far as growing thier business? I know when I had a small high end shop that every rep told me that thier products were "exclusive" and I had territory "protection" only to see the same product in the big chain stores (no need to mention names) shortly after. It's the American way I reckon but I guess we wouldn't have it any other way.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic