the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Cheap good quality subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  
tcbturbosux wrote:

To be totally honest....To quote Bose. The speaker itself does not have to be "THE BEST"

If you look at a Bose speaker, whether it be home or car, it really aint much to look at. Its all in the enclosure. Bose makes the best by far.

ARGH!  No way.  The only thing Bose is "best" at is marketing.  Their speakers are crap and overpriced.  Do not be fooled by their marketing hype.

Support the12volt.com
jonathancullen 
Silver - Posts: 282
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
true true, bose just makes the best boxes to house the subwoofers. without the box a bose subwoofer isnt any better then a rockford.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 23, 2006 at 2:26 AM / IP Logged  
kfr01 wrote:
Try some Dayton Audio subs from partsexpress.com
I second this motion.
I like the DVC series...also the Quatro's are nice
tcbturbosux 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  

I think DYON misunderstood me.......I said, " Bose aint much to look at", " its all in the ENCLOSURE"  I was pretty much saying the enclosure is what makes the speaker sound good

Peace and turkey dinner to ya'

Uncle Gumby
kicker guy 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  

well if i was working wth that budget I would probably go with the kappas, but I would think about saving some more money and invest in something that is going to perform a little better for you

oxygen65 
Silver - Posts: 252
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
alrtight i kno that there was a joke made about pioneers but honestly for the price and the amount of bass that they put out i dont they can be beat. i got 3 12's for 165 bux and i threy them in a ported box and they hit preaty hard. for 60-70 bux a sub i dont think you can go wrong with the tws306dvc or the single coil
snhtown 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
i would go with the kappas or look at some of the smaller non-marketing type companys like adrie or e.d. or something like that
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
i LOOOOVE my kappa perfects, and with the buy one get one from crutchfield (WITH FREE SHIPPING) you really cant go wrong...
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
maliboom 
Copper - Posts: 111
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
I would go with the Kappas good bang for the buck. Just get a proper enclosure and you wont regret it.
zhalverson 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  
One more vote for the perfects!  These subs are great for that price.  I use to have 2 12's and they performed very well and also were very durable.  Took some abuse for sure.  Just make sure you put them the proper enclosure and give them some clean power and you won't be disappointed.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic