icon

03 Escalade w/Bose & OnStar

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bmwpwner 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  

ok, i need some help on this one. i worked on a 2003 escalade with Bose and OnStar tonight and had some trouble. this radio had the 2 plugs in the back (70-2003 and another). obviously this vehicle needs the RAP system harness so i used the Scosche DCGM09 and used the RCA plugs and powered up the blue wire to turn on the factory amp. the second plug was not used. none of the speakers play and when i plug the factory radio back into just the primary harness it works fine. i am pretty sure the factory amp is in the center console but i couldn't figure out how to turn the amp on. is it possible that the DCGM09 is the wrong piece to use for this system? the instructions just state that this harness will not allow the OnStar to operate but the customer doesn't have the OnStar portion activated and doesn't care that it doesn't work. any help on this matter would be much appreciated. thanks in advance.

"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-Socrates-
topper 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 1:14 AM / IP Logged  
you need  GMOS2-Bose
outtaluck72 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  
or use Metra's GMOS-04
bmwpwner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  

thanks guys! i got to looking last night after i posted this and noticed that the GMOS-04 harness uses the second harness but i couldn't find a good picture to see what color wires go to the second harness. what does the second harness do? does it have the data bus amp turn on? and why doesn't that harness work if the customer doesn't want and/or need OnStar to work? thanks again for the info.

-Socrates-
bmwpwner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2006 at 1:24 PM / IP Logged  

yep, that worked perfect. i did notice that when using the DCGM09 both the harness speaker for the door dinger and the vehicle's door dinger were both dinging. anyway, we got the GMOS-04 and that worked perfect. anyway, thanks again for all the info.

-Socrates-
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2006 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
The second 12 pin plug is for the Onstar audio and VSS wire. It has nothing to do with why the amp wouldn't turn on. That was due to the radio interface module. Gm amps are designed to turn on either by a 12 volt trigger or a data message. The correct module must be used to duplicate this when replacing the factory radio. The chimes come through the left front speakers so the amp must be turned on to hear them.
sparky

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic