icon

playstation 3

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ali-d1936 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2006 at 3:17 AM / IP Logged  

thanks master5 and the lot of ye for the input, just what i neaded to know, well if i was ever to play a video while driving id play it off the hard drive  it is big enough and if i get stuck ill just add another hard drive through a usb slot i seen a 350GB plug in hard drive for 170EUROS last week so its a utter bargin (unless i miss read it witch i probably did but anyway its nice to dream)!!  doubt id be useing blue ray videos, im almost certin you cannot get any 7" hd ready and if there is one id say its bloody expensive!! so it would be a waste of time and money to buy blue ray  and well out of my price league.!!. just for back up is there any other suggestions?? my old head unit had a usb port i just pluged in my psp and uploaded the songs of that but my head unit is F***** from a bad crash so im building a bad ass system only problem is im clue-lessplaystation 3 - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.. thank god for this site though its a really good resorce.!!

well they are not out here till march but yes i have 1 ordered off a store thats getting 3, im going to be ther all night before the launch to save guard the place and makes sure no "TWOCER" breakes in and steals my investment!! playstation 3 - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. but ya it is crazy the prices those things are going for!!

im studying computer systems and networking and yesterday 2 hours after i posted this thread we learned about hard drives and how they work i was p****** to find how its bad for them to be moved whilst running has the reader could scratch the surface and could make the info unuseable!! is this a exaggeration or would i be best to put it in a metal frame and suspend it on like indrustial spec elastic bands top and bottom playstation 3 - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. playstation 3 - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.(cheap and wild solution i know but it wouldnt be in contact with any surface) and i want to hide it in the dash anyway if it will fit.!! wot do ye think lads??

hotmilk400 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2006 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
you are going to go throw alot of harddrives.. haha.. why do u want to put a PS3 in your car? that seems like a waste of $600 + .. i would just say get a iPod with 80gb hard drive, and get the 7in screen to work with it, and then u can watch movies with no problem, and listen to all that music.. and for like half the price.   but hey, its your money, im just talking from the poor mans point of view 
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 1:32 AM / IP Logged  

I see cars all the time with PC's installed as well as people using laptops on planes. I have yet to see any get damaged and they get bounced around like crazy. As well I would think it is possible if the vibration was severe enough that any mechanism could get damaged, you gotta be realistic and take precautions.

But, this is not to say you shouldn't consider hotmilks suggestion, it does make sense as far as long term reliability and saving money if your prime concern is media and not video games. And this way you don't have to wait in front of a store freezing your bum off all night and beat someone in the skull with a hammer when they try to steal your ps3 ..lol

advanced_audio 
Copper - Posts: 170
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
Yea really check out mp3car.com 600 would go along way to putting a car pc in. You could have all the song on the hard drive possibly wifi connectivity, I've even seen where people have the car pc control the windows, headlights, blinkers,etc (ca&e dec issue) You could watch movies and have navigation for a lot cheaper then buying one of those all in one, in dash setups.
snhtown 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
if i had a ps3 n my car i would be the doodie...thats why he wants to put 1 in his car....this is why i wanted to work at toys or us for xmas...so i can get the good stuff before the crazy moms out there do and flip them on ebay...
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  

If you worked at toys r us and were actually able to get PS3's you could have retired and not had to work at toys r us anymore. I doubt if toys r us or any company let the employees have PS3's unless the managers are really really cool or you steal them.

But thats the whole problem..just getting a ps3, to me it's not worth it, especially with the glitches and the fact that in a few months they will be able to get on ebay cheap.

But other then that it is not a big deal to have a video game in the car, it just plugs in to a monitor. If it's that important just use a PS2 until the PS3 becomes available and they have fixed the problems. By then they will be in all the stores or used on ebay for dirt.

advanced_audio 
Copper - Posts: 170
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
Maybe its just me, but i've never seen the point of having a game system in my car. I don't have kids, and you can't play video games while driving, I would take that same 600 and put it into a car pc and leave the ps3 at the house where I could relax and play it.I guess it would be a nice flash appeal if you did alot of car shows.
ali-d1936 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  

to be honest im pump'n out my car and id love the novilty of haveing one in it, i mean yes its kind of pointless but its brownie points right but it will be removeable!!! im going to build a sliding frame and replace the passanger airbag with it, and fabracate a opening where the bag once poped out, and then i hoped to mould a fibreglass steering wheel center and have the controler set into it, so it could be taken out for playing the games, plus it will act as a remote for flicking through songs and the like, its what car customisation is all about each to there own and showing those strokes of genius. ya them other ideas sound good but thats what every custom car has over here, its try'd and tested and i want to go for something diffrent. but i do hear your voices of reason. im not going to start my install untill i have all the parts and get them cheap because im a student i know how to scrounge!! thanks again fellas if there are any other ideas feel free to post your opinion

master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  

Oh yeah..nothing like a playstation in the face in the event of an accident. Kidding aside, if it's something you really want to do I will support it and help in any way so feel free to post any other questions.

Good luck with it.

mustangfoo 
Silver - Posts: 371
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  

lol I don't see why people wouldn't want one in their car, I don't care if it gets use or not, just the fact of having one in your car is f****n tight! I think it is that most people would be jealous that you have one in your car, and most people on this forum, no disrespect, are older and not teenagers like I am or a few others are.  I will tell you one thing though, you better have some reinforced windows and an alarm that will notify you instantly and shoot the guy trying to steal it!

lol.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic