icon

2006 Toyota Tundra 4dr

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dago52 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  

I am wanting to install an autopage RS860-LCD alram/reamote starter combo. I have searched the forums and found some wiring diagrams to get me started. My question is should I purchase anything else to help ease the installation? I seen someone mentioned a T-Harness. Should I purchase a T-Harness and if so where from? Thanks for the help and I look forward to installing this alarm are something similar.

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 23, 2006 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged  
i wouldnt.... Toyota wiring is easy to access.... i would strip and solder......
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2006 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  
You will need to access the drivers door and add a relay to make the locks function. Do a search here for Directed document 1070 for a diagram.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
dago52 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2006 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  

Is there any installers near Covington, La.? If I can pay someone to install the alarm I would perfer to do that. Just want to check before I attempt the install. Thanks for the replies.

snotdobbs 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2006 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  
i have not run into a tundra where i had to go in the door....ive seen the toyota/lexus doc saying its got lock detection circuitry...but ive been able to tag a couple wires in the kick to grab lock and unlock....we install audiovox 686's primarily.   i dunno mikem2 how many have you done in this manner?  ..the relay issue your referring to is the same with the sequoia right? 
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2006 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, the 4 door is exactly the same install as the Sequoia execpt no transponder key. All others are the standard negative pulse in the drivers kickpanel. We do hundreds of them, we have 25 installers and do nothing but dealer work(LOTS of Toyota's) . We don't even have a retail store...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
dago52 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  
Ok guys, after doing more research I think I may purchase the Viper 791XV over the Autopage 860. I have read where soe people have range problems with the autopage system. Not that I will be trying to start the car from a mile range but I would like something dependable. Are there any differences on the install? This is a great website. Thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic