icon

eclipse nav in CTS

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigmikeww 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
he guys im going to be putting in an eclipse avh-50D. I was just seeing if anyone knew where the VSP wire is? 04 CTS without the factory nav. any other info, that would be helpful for this car would be appreciated.
thanks
mike
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  

The VSS wire is Brown and it is at the radio harness so that part is easy.

The problem will be that I can't locate a dash kit through any of my resources so some custom work may be required. Perhaps someone else knows if a kit is available yet from somewhere else.

I list for the harness Metra part # 70-1784 and antenna plug adaptor 40VW10, yes some new GM cars use german electronics now.

good luck and keep us posted, we will help along the way if you need.

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
I believe that Metra has a mounting kit coming out soon for the Caddy CTS and SRX. It has a double din provision. Someone told me they saw a brochure while at SEMA.
sparky
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  

Scosche has one coming soon, it is "TBA" status. However it is basically a square shape so I can't imagine it being too difficult to make another kit work, perhaps with slight mods and some ABS if needed.

I would probably fiberglass something but with my luck the day after a kit would be available (has happened to me before, lol)

bigmikeww 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2006 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for all the replys so far, i have the metra kit, harness, and ant adaptor already. So that should be fine. i was more worried about the unknowns. I never installed in a CTS before so just wanted to know of anything i should be aware of. Do i need an interface, does the door chime run off the radio??? I know i will be bypassing factory amp with some pioneer amps. He wants the stering wheel interface, which i will be ordering the one from pac, any tips on this? plug and play? I just found out that his mother wants to wait to let him have to avn-50d until christmas?? thats ok it will give me more time to get my ducks in a row. any more insite would be great.
thanks
mike
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  

I have not done A CTS yet but it seems fairly straight forward. Do you know the part # of the dash kit because when I checked metra it didn't list one for that vehicle. I guess if there is anything interesting to find out you will be the first to know so post the results.

As far as the pac steering wheel adaptor it is only plug and play if your head unit has a port for a wired remote, and you order the correct adaptor designed for that unit. Other wise it does require some wiring but it is not hard. It might be a little tricky to program if using the wireless remote version but once you do a few it gets easy, I do em all the time with no problem. The directions should tell you exactly which wires to use in the vehicle harness.

good luck

bigmikeww 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 1:24 AM / IP Logged  
UPDATE:
i just finished the install. Nav, ipod, steering wheel interface. everything went smoothly. but when i test drove it the nav. said "check speed pulse". I did infact connect it to the brown wire in the radio harness, but still the message. It does go off after a little while? any suggestions?
thanks
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  

Although I am not that familiar with the Eclipse unit I can only state an educated guess that if it says "check speed pulse" either you are on the wrong wire or have a bad connection...apparently the unit is not detecting a VSS signal. The only other thing it could be is that this particular unit requires some kind of "initialization" before it will recognize the signal but once again this is a guess. Check the manual.

Good Luck.

bigmikeww 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2007 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
thanks,
but i know that the URL=http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/pdf/connectors.pdf]brown wire came from this plug[/URL] which fits in the stereo wire harness, so i am sure the right wire is used and the connection is good. does anyone know of a "initialization" before it will recognize the signal?
any other insight would be great.
thanks
bigmikeww 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2007 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
thanks,
but i know that the brown wire came from this plug which fits in the stereo wire harness, so i am sure the right wire is used and the connection is good. does anyone know of a "initialization" before it will recognize the signal?
any other insight would be great.
thanks
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic