HF850 in 2007 Avalanche

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ppagliai 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2006 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  

Hi Folks,

Newby here...was wondering how to determine mute wire in 2007 Avalanche stereo wiring harness?    Also, is there any issues as far as where you pickup power to run HF850?

Thanks!!

integratyper934 
Copper - Posts: 150
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2006 at 1:35 AM / IP Logged  
is the hf850 a bluetooth? if so just interupt the amp turn on or if the ampo is signal or data sensing then cut the main power to the amp.
Customautomotiv 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2007 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
There is a harness available for it...u get radio mute and Sound through the audio system.
integratyper934 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2007 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
where are you getting those harness'? i think its a cool idea except that if your job comes in you wanna do it not wait for a s/o for 2 weeks.
Customautomotiv 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2007 at 12:25 AM / IP Logged  

I usually have them in stock. If I dont, then I can usually get them in 2-3 business days.

integratyper934 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2007 at 1:19 AM / IP Logged  
wat site? or comp?
elicoleman 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2007 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  

http://www.parrotkits.com/

Has anyone ever tried to locate the mute using the test light method on a 2007 GM? Why do we need to use that $100 harness if we tap the speakers after the amp and hook up the mute to the stereo. I still don't understand why this would effect the data bus system.

2003 GMC Yukon, Kenwood 815DVD w/ Nav. Memphis speakers. Kenwood 1200W Amp, Alpine 400W amp. Rear view camera, headrest monitors. Parrot CK3100
Customautomotiv 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2007 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  
You can still tap after the amp...but do you really want to void someones warranty?
elicoleman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2007 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  

I don't know how the warranties work from state to state, but in California the car manufature needs to prove the modification likely caused the damage to the part in question for the warrany. i.e, if the transmission goes out, tapping into the speaker wires for a hand free kit likely did not cause that. But, if you blew out your stereo system, then maybe. I used to be in the auto repair field and ran across this a few times. I lowered my 2003 Yukon 6 months after I bought it (which everyone told me it would void the warranty) then I had a defective spring suspention item afterwards, that was not involved in the lowering  they covered 100% by the warranty. Other states, I do not know, but I do know alot of the warranty void myths are urban legends in CA. I would talk to someone knowlegable at you dealership and get the truth. (not High school Billy working for minimum wage

Good luck, and happy installing

2003 GMC Yukon, Kenwood 815DVD w/ Nav. Memphis speakers. Kenwood 1200W Amp, Alpine 400W amp. Rear view camera, headrest monitors. Parrot CK3100
elicoleman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2007 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  

Back to my original question,

What is the reason for the expensive harness Cell Site has for the 2007 GM's. Lets take warranty voids out of the picture. If I was installing a Parrot into a 2007 Tahoe with Bose, on-star, nav ect... why can't I tap into the speakers after the amp, find both powers and ground? Does the mute for the stereo effect the data-bus system? That is the only thing I can think of but I don't know how it could possibly do so.

By the way, I am glad to see more people using the Hands free section of 12volt.com. It was a desert for a while.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic