icon

97 ford explorer remote start, 555F

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 02, 2006 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
Of course the Ford needs to see the pellet, or it can't possibly learn it.
1. First key on until security light goes out, remove key.
2. Second key on until security light goes out, remove key.
3. Position 555F pellet in front of or close to keyhole, and activate remote starter. Car should start and run successfully.
4. Hit the brake to kill the remote starter, wait a few seconds........hold the pellet to the keyhole, and try the remote start again....... if it works now, you've 100% programmed it right.
5. Find a position on the side of the key cylinder where the 555F will still work, attach it there permanently......... re-test......... re-assemble the car, and re-test again.
TIPS:
--The entire rest of the remote-start installation should be completed first.
The remote start should successfully work with one of your existing keys sitting in the ignition, in the off position.
If it doesn't, fix all your other problems first, before messing with the 555F.
--There is no reason to make any sort of temporary connections to the red or blue wires of the 555F. Right from the start, they should be properly connected to the remote starter according to the instructions.
--The pellet thing on the 555F is an incredibly stupid, time-wasting design. If you're a rookie, plan on a good 10-20 minutes fiddling around with a good location..........someplace that it works, but still allows the car to be re-assembled........ refer to step 5 above, and make sure you're in a good mood before you start.
pitoaudiovisual 
Copper - Posts: 388
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2006 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  
i just dont understand how the pellet learns the key signal .. I connecte the blue to - status of remote start and red is constant. The pellet i left hanging down and the black box was also hanging down so i just wondered if the pellet should be placed near the key or should the little black box should be placed anywhere. I did the status light but just wondering about the placement of the actually pellet and little black box during the programming of the 2 keys.. I followed the exact directions so just curious any help is appreciated..
Confidence is the key to any project!!
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 03, 2006 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  

the pellet does not learn the key signal... the vehicle learns the pellet as a spare key....

which it obviously cant do if you do not have the pellet placed close to the transponder ring...i have lots of these 555F's in stock and still prefer to use a XK04.... much easier to use and more reliable.....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2006 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  

I much prefer the 556S over the 555F. The F can be a real pain to get the pellet positioned correctly after it has learned. The S learns the same way, yet uses a coil ring instead.

Think of the F as a third key, it's really all it is beyond a relay to turn it on. It programs exactly the same way. Most of the problem doesn't stem from programming, but getting the factory coil to read the F pellet. Place the pellet directly next to the coil on the switch and hold it with your hand. Try the RS a couple times, moving the pellet to different positions to see if it will read. It has to be VERY close to work...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic