icon

2 independent audio systems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xorphan 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2006 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  
and what wire do i connect to the amp remote wire?
xorphan 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2006 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  
sorry for the reposting, system issue..
i have the chrysler 300c 2006
the auto antenna wire has a fuse connected to it is this normal...
xorphan 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2006 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
can i just connect these wires directly to the battery positive
these wires run through a fuse box on the wire harness...
12 plus = vehicles accessory positive (observe required current)
12v+ memory = a power source which never cuts out even with key off (observe required current)
philaf 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2006 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  

wow.. how many times do you need to hear the same answers before you stop asking the same questions?

the 12v accessory wire (red) gets hooked up to a wire that shows 12v+ ONLY when the key is turned on. this is the wire that tells the radio when to turn on.. if you hook it up straight to the battery it will ALWAYS be on. and as everyone knows, that's teh_gheyness..

the 12v memory wire (yellow) gets hooked up to a wire that shows 12v+ at all times. this one you can connect straight to your battery if you would like. don't know why you would though when there are plenty of 12v+ sources inside the car.

as for the remote turn on lead, just connect it to the blue wire on the back of your aftermarket radio.. should be fine, but that would mean that the amp would only turn on when the aftermarket radio was turned on. if only the stock radio was on you'ld have no bass. to avoid this issue you're gonna need to work some sweet relay action, which i feel may be a bit over your head at the moment.

honestly, i don't see the point of the potential headache you're looking to inflict upon yourself.. why not simply install a normal hi-lo converter off the deck and call it a day? if you want independant volume control over the sub, just get an amp with a remote gain knob. but hey, that's just my two pennies..

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic