icon

2005 Matrix, Prostart CT-5000 door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kohara73 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2006 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
How did you connect to the lock/unlock wires on the car?  Make sure they are soldered.  If you did solder them, try a heavier guage wire, or redo the connection.
Keith
megainstall 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2006 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  
I did solder them. Everything is soldered. Now, with the relay attached, the wire from the module is going to the relay to power it (low current) and heavier guage wires are being used to lock the doors (16 Guage) and get ground. I moved the grounding point as well. NOw here is what is happening. Every single time I open the door, close it, press the brake, I hear the relay clicking quietly but the door wasn't always locking. So I know for a fact now that the module is doing it's job. However, I did notice that the relay I was using was quite a bit quieter than the unlock one. I could never really hear it engage to complete the circuit. So I replaced it, I can now hear it engage and disengage. There didn't seem to be a rhyme or reason for it not to work. But at this exact moment, it's working so I will test it today and see if it infact was the relay causing an issue.. Because, after adding the relay's it did get somewhat better.
Let's hope for the besT!!
Thanks again for your help.
megainstall 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 7:18 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah well, it didn't work. Still the same thing.
At this point I really have no idea why it's not locking. And like I said in the past, When that stops working, so does the unlock and lock when you want to put it in idle mode. The most frustrating thing is I can definately hear the relays clicking so I know for sure that the module is doing its thing.
Do car door locks go into a sleep mode or something?
megainstall 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  
I took a look at the door switch on the actual door and looked at the wiring there. There is a blue/white wire that activates the locks at the switch. That wire went into the kick panel and I've gone onto that one. The door switch ALWAYS worked when the locking feature with the module didn't. SO, I am thinking that might make it work. You could also use the solid blue wire if you wanted all the doors to open on one key press but I didn't so I left that wire alone. Makes me wonder if the wires recommended are the right ones.
I won't say for sure that it's fixed because last time I said that it was and then the next time I used it it wasn't but hopefully that'll take care of it.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic