Components and Sub in door?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
datspeed77 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2006 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  

Guys,

I'm planning on putting some components and a six inch sub in each door.  Question is would I get destructive interference if I had the coponents and subs in the same enclosure?  What do you guys think?  Thanks for any input. 

sound station 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2006 at 7:45 AM / IP Logged  
i think put 2 subwoofer 8" under front seat if posible.
bballguy162006 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2006 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  

To answer the question:

I don't think that it would distort.  It should be the same as putting 2 subwoofers in a single chamber enclosure.  But I could be wrong...

alphalanos 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2006 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  

You dont want to put them in the same enclosure. Try to make separate chamber for each then youll be ok. The air from the 8" will distort the 6.5 or whatever it is youre using.

layzboy 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2006 at 1:26 AM / IP Logged  
First, what exactly to you mean by 6 inch sub...do you mean just a midbass driver? or are you actually going to cross it over below 200Hz to make it a small subwoofer?
datspeed77 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2006 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
I'm putting in the 6w0 JL sub.  It will be playing 80 lowpass.  I know (normally) you wouldn't want to put sub bass and components in the same enclosure.  But, because it is a six, I'm wondering if it would distort the components due to the subs making the components act as a port?  Due to the contours of the door panel, I wanted to save some time by putting them in the same enclosure. 
maliboom 
Copper - Posts: 111
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
The sub would make the components move more to the bass than they would naturally. You would be better off to add a simple divider between enclosures. For the time it will take to make the enclosures seperate will be alot less than ripping it apart and redoing it.
maliboom 
Copper - Posts: 111
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
The sub would make the components move more to the bass than they would naturally. You would be better off to add a simple divider between enclosures. For the time it will take to make the enclosures seperate will be alot less than ripping it apart and redoing it.
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  

no, you dont want them in the same enclosure. you can move the component woofer to the kickpanel and leave the 6W0 in the door or you can use a foam baffle with polyfill on the inside for the subs enclosure. that is what I did with my 6W0 in my doors that I had. here is a link.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=260-788

bballguy162006 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2006 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  
Good idea killer sonata!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic