icon

Viper 791, 02 SVT Focus

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ehammond 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2006 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  

That didn't work...perhaps grounding the door trigger isn't doing the trick?

The remote is actually recieving a signal from the car (RX) every 20 seconds or so...

If I hit the 'lock' button, it shows a TX, and then after 3 seconds, I get a flashing anntena icon, and 3 sets of two beeps from the remote...

ehammond 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2006 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  

Aha!!

We got 'er! The remote took the auto learn...

Turns out the order was backwards...door needs to be open, THEN the ignition turned on to initiate the learn sequence...

Thanks for your help guy. Now, to just get the door trigger hooked up as well as the trunk light for 'zone 3'

ehammond 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  

I have my Viper hooked up now, in my '02 Focus...

When I arm, all is good...if I open the trunk, or a door after arming, I get an alarm (although it doesn't show up on my pager)

BUT, when I disarm, my pager tells me both the door and trunk have been violated...why is this?

TIA

ehammond 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  

I programmed the remote to recieve pages...and the proper notification is displayed, but why is my remote telling me all the zones

have been violated when I remote disarm?

05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  

do you have an ignition wire hooked up ,cause it seems to me that it isn't resetting itself

which model viper is it

ehammond 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  

Actually, it might of fixed itself? Or it had something to do with not having the siren hooked up?

Regardless, the Viper 791xv is working flawlessly now! :) It resets itself (I guess), the door/trunk sensors are working

perfectly, and without setting off the alarm when the car pulses the door pins after going to 'sleep' (diode isolated)

All that is left to do it to get and program a 555s and get some large washers for the hood pin mount...

I want to thank everyone who helped! Couldn't of done it without ya!

05gt wrote:

do you have an ignition wire hooked up ,cause it seems to me that it isn't resetting itself

which model viper is it

ehammond 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  

I need to trigger a latch relay using my Viper when I remote start...and preferably only when I remote start. The thing is, I need both a switch ground and a switched positive, because the relay uses the same terminals to reset, only reversed polarity.... The parking light output isn't ideal...is there anything else?

Thanks

Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 20, 2006 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  

I'm not sure I understand completely but you can use the Blue STATUS wire which is connected in the XCRS relay pack in a four pin connector. This will give you a constant ground out the instant you press the button which remote starts the vehicle and will remain ground out until the remote car starter shuts down.

If you're not using the Pink/White second ignition output then you can use it for your B+ for your relay. It works in the same manner as the Blue Status mentioned above.

Using these two will give a ground and a positive activated via remote start.

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
ehammond 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2007 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  

Car: SVT Focus

System: Viper 791

The heavy green wire coming from the satelite relay box is for killing the starter when the system is armed, correct?

The install instructions say to splice in on the 'key side' of the starter wire...

This is where I'm lost.

So, the same wire that the relay pack is spliced into for energizing the starter, cut that wire on the side leading to the key tumbler, then butt join that open end into the green anti-grind wire from the relay pack?

Is it that simple?

TIA

ehammond 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2007 at 6:49 AM / IP Logged  
bump
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic