icon

alarm won't stop

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
doggy626 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2006 at 2:23 AM / IP Logged  
Hello people.  This is my first post so any mistakes i make, just point them out.  I have a1999 Chevy Silverador that came with an alarm.  It's a code arlarm Elite 2100. The Problem is that after the alarm is set, it goes off by itself after about a minute. Keeps going until i use my remote to shut it off.  I've had my truck for 2yrs. now,and it was working fine untill now.Didn't get manual for it so i don't know what it could be. So if any one can push me in the right direction, it would be a big help to me. And also i'm want to find out how to program my alarm again because before it would lock my doors whenever i armed it. It unlocks when disarmed but won't lock.  If i'm correct that would be in the programming right?            Thanx luidog626
luilui
Fastlearner 
Silver - Posts: 346
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2006 at 4:58 AM / IP Logged  
If you don't have to much experience with alarms, I would just take it to the nearest shop and have them check it out. Usually It will only cost around $30 or so to have someone check it out.
doggy626 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2006 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  
I do have car audio experience in installations but in alarms i have very little experience. About my alarm going off by itself i don't have a clue what it could be,but i have programmed alarms before. I only need the manual for it or if anyone could help me out with one. Thanx for the reply fastlearner. Maybe i should take it somewhere to have it checked out, that is if i get no replys.
luilui
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2006 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  

what do you want to program, is it the shock sensor going off

does it go off every hour on the hour, need a bit more info

doggy626 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2006 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  
After alarm is set, it starts going off by itself after about a minute. It will stop for a moment and then it starts again and again until i use my remote to turn it off. The thing i want to program is the door locks. Before it would lock my doors  whenever it  sets itself on but know it doesn't. Its a code alarm elite 2100.
luilui
mart.p 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2006 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  

have you checked the hood pin switch. it may be broken.

mart
Fastlearner 
Silver - Posts: 346
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2006 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  
Could it be a dome light issue if the door trigger is hooked up to the domelight. Maybe it has a delay in it but if the domelight stays on for a little bit it might be reading as the door is open thus setting off the alarm.
mart.p 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2006 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
just try disconecting the the unit if you can find it .it may reset its self.
mart
doggy626 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2006 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  

I think i will disconnect it and connect it back. Hopefully it does reset itself. Thanx. 

luilui
splaudio 
Copper - Posts: 237
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2006 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  
sounds like to me it somehow reset its self. reason being the shock sensor is really low and could be digital and the doors are locking like they were. give code a call they might be of more help...
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic