icon

2006 Chevy Trailblazer, Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
advanced 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2006 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
I am an installer doing a Trailblazer for the 1st time & I have a couple questions. Do I absolutely need to hook up the brown ignition wire in this vehicle? I don't have a door lock interface yet, but I'm getting a DEI 457GW. That will work for door locks & Passlock 2. Is it missing any functions? Is there a better interface module available?
What else should I be careful about?
Thanks in advance.
Good Enough Isn't!
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2006 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  

there are a whole bunch of idatalink products that will work, I am sure the GM-SL does this vehicle also, and I am sure there is alot more out there

Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2006 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
You MUST hook up the brown, the truck will start to crank as soon as it gets the ign signal.. XK01 or GMDLBP is the best bypass / passlock I have used..
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2006 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
 We use the dei one it works fine the one thing I would do is change the factory fuse holder on it. I have had a couple that I put on last year start to loose programming then not program at all and its been the fuse holder causing the problem.
snotdobbs 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 6:03 AM / IP Logged  
no you dont need that brown accessory wire....just the pink (ign1) white (ign2) orange (acc/ign) yellow (start) etc....
green6767 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  
Actually, I'm gonna go with Hymer on this one Snotdobbs. Usually like on the chevy trucks and other GM vehicles that have the similar wiring, I have NEVER had to hook up the Brown Accessory wire...but for some reason, the Trailblazer I just did the other day, a new one, like 05 or 06, wouldn't start unless the brown accessory was hooked up. Its weird, because I cant even remember another GM where I have had to hook that up. I know a lot of the tech sheets say you should, but i never did and had no problems. For some reason, the NEW Trailblazer needs it.
Shaun, we are the same height, that is neat!
12V Installation Technician for Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota and Jeep.
customak47 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
I've been doing 06 and 07 trailblazers all day long and Never had to hook up brown wire. This wire normally runs radio, wipers, and windows, but the trailblazers don't need it hooked up. I also use the xk01 antitheft and doorlock interface and this will allow you to roll up windows through data. on the fullsize chevy trucks, you have to power up brown wire to make window roll up work, but on the trailblazer you don't have to.
My rifle is my friend...
Hymer 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  
I don't want to start an argument over this, but I have personally seen cranking issues when the brown wire isn't hooked in. I've only seen it on 2 trucks, but after those 2 I just power it up anyways.. I guess I just don't want the headaches, Who knows, it could just be the brand starter Im using, or mabey mexican harnessed trailblazers???? either way, if your not sure try it . it's either gonna work or its gonna give ya problems simple as that...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
advanced 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
I completed the vehicle today & I did hook up the Brown (Second Accessory) wire. I tested it without & it seemed fine, but I don't want to have problems later. That's the 1st time I ever hooked up the brown in a GM. There was conflicting viewpoints, so I chose to be safe.
I used a DEI 457GW & it worked beautifully. Thanks guys for all the advice! It's nice to be able to ask questions on here. I'll try to help people when I can also.
Good Enough Isn't!
Hymer 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
Rather be safe than sorry! This site is the best for that, advice! Chances are someone has run into the same problem, somewhere down the line. and most people are pretty laid back about it, true profesionals! Glad to hear it worked out for ya
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic