the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Installers, what do you have in your car?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
a lot of people have the 2 way systems. i think the remote is a bit bulky. its nice knowing the car started though.
jerry_m 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  

autopage rs 860 2 way  with dei 508d field disrbance sensor a dei 507m tilt sensor and a dei 530t window mod. wiht the dei 520t batt backup

jerry_m
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2006 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
Code Alarm CA-640 w/ window rollup. Nothing crazy...
Mike
au5599 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2006 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  

Autostart paging alarm/remote start  with gmdlbp  in my suburban.   My other van has Autostart 6205 alarm/remote start

I strickly use Autostart for all starters. I never have a problem.

Street Dreams Car Club
93 GRAND CARAVAN SE / Astro
Team New York SS3-4 06 & SM3-4 07 DB Drag World Finals
2003 Chevy Suburban LT / 98 GTP
97gss 
Copper - Posts: 235
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2006 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  

clifford intelligard 700IQ with smartwindows window module.  I know, old as dirt, but it still works.

evois 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed the 507M on my compustar, but it doesn't seem to be sensitive.  it is wired correctly to the instant trigger.
evois 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2006 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  
I just added the 508D or proximity/perimeter sensor since wiring it is easy already after wiring the 507T.  It works and I also found out that the schematics of compustar on their optional sensors are inverted.   meaning, the 1st stage input is actually 2nd stage and the 2nd stage is 1st stage.
txaggiemp 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2006 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  
python 881 xp with remote windows and using two of the aux outputs to control my motorized amp rack
the customer is not always right
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2006 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  
no starter/security as of now.Just finished putting solenoids in the doors for to shave off handles and finishing up some body work,then paint. Soon to be a VisionGuard 8000,unlock will be driver door pop,aux+unlock pass. door pop,liftgate,radar sensor,and maybe a window mod. All I need is the starter,and something nice to open my doors.
rtfm
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2006 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  
Nice, very nice toys you rich kids got here! I am so jealous that my daddy never gave me enough money for any of the toys you guys got. You guys are bulldoodieing(BS) me when you tell me all of you are installer. I think most of you are Hobbyist and Volunteer Weekend Tester for electronic manufacture rather than a true Professional Installer. When was the last time you heard a car mechanic walk into a show room and pick up a brand new car for himself? That is unheard of among my mechanic buddy. Yes, a brand new car for their kids and wife, but never for themselves. If that ever happens within my professional circle it’s either a windfall or they are into illegal activities. Let me know if I am wrong on that assumption. Installers, what do you have in your car? - Page 2 -- posted image.Installers, what do you have in your car? - Page 2 -- posted image.Installers, what do you have in your car? - Page 2 -- posted image.Installers, what do you have in your car? - Page 2 -- posted image.Installers, what do you have in your car? - Page 2 -- posted image.Installers, what do you have in your car? - Page 2 -- posted image.Installers, what do you have in your car? - Page 2 -- posted image.Installers, what do you have in your car? - Page 2 -- posted image.Installers, what do you have in your car? - Page 2 -- posted image.Installers, what do you have in your car? - Page 2 -- posted image.Installers, what do you have in your car? - Page 2 -- posted image.Installers, what do you have in your car? - Page 2 -- posted image.Installers, what do you have in your car? - Page 2 -- posted image.Installers, what do you have in your car? - Page 2 -- posted image.
Staying true to my profession, I have an Ultrastart starter some sort of model that I don’t recall, but was able to put together from other unit taken out of vehicles at the request of the customer. I have a simple starter kill that you have to put the seatbelt on to work and a on demand switch when activated you will require a small amount of dexterity to get it to work. If you are a bit wiz drunk, I don’t think you will be able coordinate yourself to get the car started.   I also have a put together Black Widow 200FM some sort alarm with a similar setup. I am waiting for a few more parts, then I will have myself a brand new Astro 502. These suckers are hard to come by. The one time that it did, I was on lunch and one of my colleagues threw it in the garbage not knowing I needed the parts. I wanted to pick it out, but there were craps all over it that I didn’t want to touch.
That my friend is what we live for and bragg about amoung a small group of pure and true installer who's got nothing but knowledge and time on some idle tuesday afternoon.    Installers, what do you have in your car? - Page 2 -- posted image.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.Installers, what do you have in your car? - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic